Midlothian to Possession

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

kate_t

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you get that list? Mine wouldn’t delivered in Texas. As a matter of fact only 15 Miles down ghetto road.
I created it. I went on the gmc site and looked through the inventory and then searched the vins on Jack Cooper.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
saw this a few places...that doesn't mean it's correct though

ASN = Advanced shipping notice

our ASN was 1AM on 3/30...bayed right before noon on 3/30, seems that is the process which is confirmed by your spreadsheet

do any of those in your spreadsheet have a dispatched date?

think i've mentioned it before on here but ours was dispatched on 2/20 and delivered 2/21 - meaning it sat for almost a month

TallDad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the snooping @kate_t . As I said in other threads, Im in the same boat, only difference is my Yukon Denali XL produced on March 23rd went to the old naval air station on the 31st in Grand Prairie before arriving in Midlothian on the 15th. I wonder why…

OP
OP
K

kate_t

Full Access Member
Reaction score
saw this a few places...that doesn't mean it's correct though

ASN = Advanced shipping notice

our ASN was 1AM on 3/30...bayed right before noon on 3/30, seems that is the process which is confirmed by your spreadsheet

do any of those in your spreadsheet have a dispatched date?

think i've mentioned it before on here but ours was dispatched on 2/20 and delivered 2/21 - meaning it sat for almost a month
Thanks for that piece of info. I created the spreadsheet, but didn't include the Dispatched date but I'm 99% positive that date is the same as the delivery date, but one minute prior to delivery date/time when I went through all of these yesterday - what does this actually mean?

05Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you get that list? Mine wouldn’t delivered in Texas. As a matter of fact only 15 Miles down ghetto road.
If your dealer is that close it should not have gone to Midlothian, there is another yard for local delivery.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that piece of info. I created the spreadsheet, but didn't include the Dispatched date but I'm 99% positive that date is the same as the delivery date, but one minute prior to delivery date/time when I went through all of these yesterday - what does this actually mean?

So – I put your VIN in on the jack cooper site and I noticed something slightly different than what ours that has been delivered to the dealer is showing…all of your applicable fields are completed with it being “shipped” to Midlothian…but there isn’t another section below it with additional fields that have yet to be completed… my guess is that there should be a duplicate section for each shipping stage…

…looking at mine, the top section is when it was built and delivered to Midlothian….the bottom section is for when it was delivered to the dealer….so when I referenced the ASN date on ours, I was looking at the bottom section not thinking you were referencing the ASN date to where it was delivered to Midlothian….so the dispatch date and delivery date being almost identical make sense when it’s just moved over to Midlothian…either two scans at the same place or scan then quick haul over….

I’d be focused more on when the second ASN is established if it actually stands for “advanced shipping notice….to me that means it’s ready to be shipped -which it appears yours hasn’t been set for the next shipping stage…

Ours is a basic Z71 with luxury package that has the similar three credits most are being built with, (retrofit for sensore, retrofit for seats, and credit for steering lock)…I wouldn’t think the credits would have anything to do with them being delayed…those temporarily deleted options are already accounted for…

to possibly contradict my ASN theory above, ours was bayed 10hrs after the second ASN date was set (I say that because it’s almost like a vehicle being bayed is GM’s catch all status…there isn’t any notice about it coming out of the bayed status…just it being dispatched for a second time

Attachments

• 339A763E-DC8C-48AB-9001-F30357E607F1.png
    339A763E-DC8C-48AB-9001-F30357E607F1.png
    634.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 2BE04F60-BDB1-4E7C-B5AD-09E59F6CAB15.png
    2BE04F60-BDB1-4E7C-B5AD-09E59F6CAB15.png
    584.6 KB · Views: 22
OP
OP
K

kate_t

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So – I put your VIN in on the jack cooper site and I noticed something slightly different than what ours that has been delivered to the dealer is showing…all of your applicable fields are completed with it being “shipped” to Midlothian…but there isn’t another section below it with additional fields that have yet to be completed… my guess is that there should be a duplicate section for each shipping stage…

…looking at mine, the top section is when it was built and delivered to Midlothian….the bottom section is for when it was delivered to the dealer….so when I referenced the ASN date on ours, I was looking at the bottom section not thinking you were referencing the ASN date to where it was delivered to Midlothian….so the dispatch date and delivery date being almost identical make sense when it’s just moved over to Midlothian…either two scans at the same place or scan then quick haul over….

I’d be focused more on when the second ASN is established if it actually stands for “advanced shipping notice….to me that means it’s ready to be shipped -which it appears yours hasn’t been set for the next shipping stage…

Ours is a basic Z71 with luxury package that has the similar three credits most are being built with, (retrofit for sensore, retrofit for seats, and credit for steering lock)…I wouldn’t think the credits would have anything to do with them being delayed…those temporarily deleted options are already accounted for…

to possibly contradict my ASN theory above, ours was bayed 10hrs after the second ASN date was set (I say that because it’s almost like a vehicle being bayed is GM’s catch all status…there isn’t any notice about it coming out of the bayed status…just it being dispatched for a second time

Correct, so it's just sitting there waiting to be sent to the Dealer. Seeing yours with Midlothian FIRST and then an almost immediate ship date gives me hope that it didn't actually go into a black hole.

Correct, the second I see a bottom section, similar to your screenshot, I'll be happy.

1651159785495.png

OP
OP
K

kate_t

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I'm seeing movement! Not on mine, but on another one that was sitting in Midlothian as of yesterday and it's being transported to SEWELL today.

1GKS1BKD1NR275627​

It's likely because this is being delivered to Dallas, TX though...maybe they're holding the rest of ours because they're all heading to he Midwest...

TallDad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No midwest here, but any movement of any truck there is good news… especially if its not back to the factory or an outfitter who could be contracted to add missing parts.

OP
OP
K

kate_t

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No midwest here, but any movement of any truck there is good news… especially if its not back to the factory or an outfitter who could be contracted to add missing parts.
True. Do you want to message me your VIN and I"ll add it to the list. I've committed to checking them at night to see if there's any movement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076