Metal in oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It quieted down after second oil flush ran in for a While. Didn't think to try diesel fuel but with it ticking second flush I stuck 3 quarts of 15w 40 1 quart lucas and 1 quart atf. Started thick and light pink came out dark pinkish brown still getting metal on the magnet but oil is looking better coming out. Running great no codes but can't get it inspected yet because o2 sensor and o2 sensor heater and evap readiness monitors won't set. Evap almost never does on this burb. but normally o2 monitors will set so idk why it won't. Drove over 200 miles already. Only theory I have is morning before I did oil change that lead to all this, I deleted the resonators off the parts burbs intake tube and swapped it on also opened holes between filter box and fender. Basically a ugly but free cold air intake. Worked surprisingly well. This burb usually struggles climbing the hill if taking right out of our driveway before would barely do 55 going up it after doing intake it was able to hit 70 by time I got to the top. didn't expect that only expected more noise lol. Idk if that is messing with o2s? I've had cold air intakes cause lean codes on other vehicles. Later I will swap stock tube back on temporarily and see if they will set.
View attachment 277225 View attachment 277226 View attachment 277227 View attachment 277228

Those tubes you cut off do nothing for air metering, so they'd have no effect. They're only for sound cancellation to attenuate the intake growl. Deleting them MIGHT help the air flow ever-so-slightly better from reduced turbulence. The best you can do is to ensure the seal between the filter box and fender is good and run a good filter.

OP
OP
87carl

87carl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those tubes you cut off do nothing for air metering, so they'd have no effect. They're only for sound cancellation to attenuate the intake growl. Deleting them MIGHT help the air flow ever-so-slightly better from reduced turbulence. The best you can do is to ensure the seal between the filter box and fender is good and run a good filter.

Normal cheap filter dealership put in when I got truck is still clean so haven't changed it yet. That seal is shot was planning on some thick foam tape to replace it soon keep forgetting that when at home depot.
What can cause o2 monitors to not set normally those set pretty quickly on this burb.

OP
OP
87carl

87carl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put stock intake tube on let it idle up to temp and o2 heater monitor set. Drove 4 miles and scared shit out of my wife when I yelled with excitement from the o2 monitor setting. took it to shop and plugged it in for inspection and got a sticker on it. So it's legal again. Now I can swap the intake tube back and finally install my rear suspension and front differential tonight.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put stock intake tube on let it idle up to temp and o2 heater monitor set. Drove 4 miles and scared shit out of my wife when I yelled with excitement from the o2 monitor setting. took it to shop and plugged it in for inspection and got a sticker on it. So it's legal again. Now I can swap the intake tube back and finally install my rear suspension and front differential tonight.

Maybe your modded tube had a tiny leak, allowing unmetered air to get in? Congrats on passing inspection!

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Normal cheap filter dealership put in when I got truck is still clean so haven't changed it yet. That seal is shot was planning on some thick foam tape to replace it soon keep forgetting that when at home depot.
What can cause o2 monitors to not set normally those set pretty quickly on this burb.

This is what I did to mine: https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/growing-up-doesnt-have-to-suck.93510/page-68#post-1451013

...Actually, this is what I was getting at: https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/growing-up-doesnt-have-to-suck.93510/page-68#post-1451015

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would work good what is it?

Window unit air conditioner weather seal. I don't recall the exact size of what I used, but this seems to be about right:

077578030401.jpg

Got it from Lowe's or Home Depot. It works great! At an extended idle, my IATs are 2-3 degrees above ambient at most.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a good idea right there.

I also love that color, metallic grey.
or is that more of a "pewter"?
Either way, Mmmm
:head3:

Thank ya! It's "Graystone Metallic". Not pewter, not silver, not brown. Although it can look like any of those other factory colors depending on lighting. Sunset is the worst for this color cuz it makes it look like that factory metallic brown color. I will NEVER own a brown vehicle unless it's rust!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia