MBRP Muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdrolling

Reaction score
Any chance someone has replaced the stock muffler with an MBRP muffler? It's my wife's Tahoe and I don't want it too loud, thinking about installing one and maybe in a few weeks getting rid of the resonators.

Here is a Yukon video with the sound clips, should be pretty close to what our 6.2L would sound like.

Curious if you did install one is it louder or quieter than it seems in the video, leaning towards the quite side.
The muffler for the 409ss is only about $135 shipped, vs waiting for a whole system that is over $1k.

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
hdrolling

hdrolling

Reaction score
Muffler came in today, decided to go with the 409 stainless. Here in NC we don't get much if any snow or salt on the roads.
I'll get it installed sometime this week, wife has the Tahoe at work most days.

IMG_1153.jpg
IMG_1154.jpg

OP
OP
hdrolling

hdrolling

Reaction score
I have the same one, but with no cats and long tubes.

I'm going to start slow, just swap mufflers for a few weeks. Then if I want a little more I'll have the resonators removed, going for a little more rumble and not race car loud.

It is the wife's rig so she likes it as is, and being a school assistant principal I don't want it to stand out too much sound wise.

Also no tuning available for the 2021's yet so the cats have to stay.

OP
OP
hdrolling

hdrolling

Reaction score
Nice can't wait to hear.

Hopefully tomorrow, I need to get some before video of the stock exhaust. The start up sound is pretty nice, and a slight rumble while idling until it warms up.

When my wife starts it up in the garage in the mornings it sounds really good, i'm not wanting much louder than it is so hopefully this won't be overkill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins