MBRP Muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
hdrolling

hdrolling

Reaction score
Just to update, no muffler shops are open on the weekends here apparently. So I made time this morning and they tell me they can't weld a SS muffler onto my stock exhaust.

Should have known, but I wasn't thinking about it. I thought about trying to find another shop with a mig welder but instead I'm just going to cut off the muffler myself and get some muffler clamps and attach it that way.

That's how my muffler and straight pipes are held together on my trucks and most of the bolt on kits do it that way so I just need to order the clamps and a small section in case I need extra.

Should have done it this way weeks ago!

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have one that i got from a buddy, he had it on his avalanche and it sounded good on there i just havent put it on yet. i wanted to put it on my suburban but it is a 2500 with the 8.1 and it has larger pipe than the 1500's so i wait. i may eventually get it on my tahoe. i would have put it on the wifes denali but i already had something put on there.

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to installing the MBRP muffler, might be a little louder than I was wanting. No test drive yet.
Sounds good but really it'll all just depend on whether or not there's drone when cruising on the highway.

OP
OP
hdrolling

hdrolling

Reaction score
Not that loud on the inside, and at cruising speed you can't hear it at all. Almost like the vehicle isn't running. Sounds good with some throttle.

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man that sure does sound really good. Sound that I want. I think I’ll do the same leave the resonator and just swap the muffler.

OP
OP
hdrolling

hdrolling

Reaction score
Sounds good and I would leave the resonator, less resonance in V4 mode.

It's already a little louder than I wanted so the resonators are staying, from previous revews of this muffler on 5.3 and 6.2 engines everyone said its a quite muffler with a little more growl when you get on it.

To me it's a pretty decent amount of sound at cold start and plenty of growl while cruising, the wife definitely noticed when she had to go to work the next day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhmjr