Maxed out! Time for a lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SlimJim

Reaction score
So my cv angles and steering are maxed out due to my lift/level key and spacers being cranked.

I think it’s time for a lift kit but I don’t want a 6 inch lift quite yet, I’m happy with 3-4 inches haha.

My question is if I get a 6 inch lift is there any way that I can have it only give me 4 inches of lift?

Tuff country, Rancho, and BDS offer 4 inch lifts, and if I know myself If I go with a 4 inch lift I will eventually outgrow it and want a 6 inch lift.

So can I can go with a 6 inch kit and make it 4 inches my leaving it “de-cranked” or whatever?

I really don’t want to spend the money on a 4 and end up wanting a 6 in a year, especially when the 6 is cheaper or the same cost in most instances.

Anybody that has done this or figured out a solution please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you.

CJ Rodarme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At least for the rough country 6" for the 00-06 trucks, the 4" and 6" kit are the exact same in the front. Same spindles, shocks, endlinks, everything. I ran all the part numbers and they all line up. So what I did is I picked up a used 4" truck kit and got 3" coil spacers for the rear with shock extenders. I think said and done it ran me 600 including powdercoat. I currently have stock keys in it, and my CV's sit flat. I have 35s on 20" Texas Edition wheels on it right now, but had 22x12s on there before. The 6" rear spring will sit much higher than the front with your keys in normal position. I'm pretty sure most cheap lifts are like this, and you wont get into a true 6" until you get a McGaughys, Fabtech, etc.

DSC_0405.jpg

OP
OP
SlimJim

SlimJim

Reaction score
So if I get the RC 6” lift and leave the keys in the stock position it will give me 4” of lift? My existing springs and spacers in the rear already give me 4”.

CJ Rodarme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if I get the RC 6” lift and leave the keys in the stock position it will give me 4” of lift? My existing springs and spacers in the rear already give me 4”.
Yes. I pretty much have the heads of the torsion bolts even with the torsion bar bracket. Whats your rear setup?

OP
OP
SlimJim

SlimJim

Reaction score
I have z71 springs in the rear and a 2.5 inch spacer.

OP
OP
SlimJim

SlimJim

Reaction score
So your saying that a pickup lift kit will work for the Tahoe up front I would just have to get spacers for the rear? And if I get the 6 inch lift for the Tahoe and I don’t crank the keys at all I will get about 6 inches of lift?

CJ Rodarme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So your saying that a pickup lift kit will work for the Tahoe up front I would just have to get spacers for the rear? And if I get the 6 inch lift for the Tahoe and I don’t crank the keys at all I will get about 6 inches of lift?
So if you get the a 4 or 6” kit and put it up front, you’ll end up about level with the current rear setup you have. If you get the 6” coil spring for the rear as well you'll have to crank the keys for it to sit level. Hope that makes sense.

For 00-06 the 4” truck, 6” truck and 6” SUV lift kits from rough country are all the same in the front

OP
OP
SlimJim

SlimJim

Reaction score
So if you get the a 4 or 6” kit and put it up front, you’ll end up about level with the current rear setup you have. If you get the 6” coil spring for the rear as well you'll have to crank the keys for it to sit level. Hope that makes sense.

For 00-06 the 4” truck, 6” truck and 6” SUV lift kits from rough country are all the same in the front

perfect thank you. That makes perfect sense. So is your sitting at 4 or did you crank to get 6? I contacted rough country and those guys couldn’t figure it out.

CJ Rodarme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
perfect thank you. That makes perfect sense. So is your sitting at 4 or did you crank to get 6? I contacted rough country and those guys couldn’t figure it out.
Lol rough country won’t respond, been there done that. Mine is sitting at 4

z71hotness

Reaction score
I was able to find 3" lift for my rear and upgraded keys up front for a good 3" lift,
Also 2500HD shocks fit out trucks and it will improve ride height.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE