Maxed out! Time for a lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CJ Rodarme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did some more research and the Tuff Country kit isn't like the Rough Country, 4" and 6" have different spindles, so they're different kits. You pretty much can tell by running the part numbers off the spindles, because that's what the lift comes from. But I think regardless Rough Country is the way to go just because of the price point. Haven't really heard a whole lot of complaints about them

OP
OP
SlimJim

SlimJim

Reaction score
I did some more research and the Tuff Country kit isn't like the Rough Country, 4" and 6" have different spindles, so they're different kits. You pretty much can tell by running the part numbers off the spindles, because that's what the lift comes from. But I think regardless Rough Country is the way to go just because of the price point. Haven't really heard a whole lot of complaints about them

so the tuff country has different spindles for the 4 & 6 but the rough country is the same spindles for 4&6? Am I reading that right. I was thinking that I would just go with a rough country 6 inch and keep the keys at the lowest setting to give me about a 4 inch lift and I could just leave what I got in the rear. That way if I ever want to go to 6 I can.

OP
OP
SlimJim

SlimJim

Reaction score
I was able to find 3" lift for my rear and upgraded keys up front for a good 3" lift,
Also 2500HD shocks fit out trucks and it will improve ride height.
I have kind of the same setup currently but my cv angles and ball joints are getting trashed but it looks cool haha

z71hotness

Reaction score
I need to check mine out I've been ok for about half a year with off-road stuff also

CJ Rodarme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so the tuff country has different spindles for the 4 & 6 but the rough country is the same spindles for 4&6? Am I reading that right. I was thinking that I would just go with a rough country 6 inch and keep the keys at the lowest setting to give me about a 4 inch lift and I could just leave what I got in the rear. That way if I ever want to go to 6 I can.
Correct. Looks like the only brand thats same for 4 and 6 is Rough Country

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne