Lowered and Rides like a dog ******** coconuts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonLapua

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Lowered this Hog using the Belltech 2-3" lowering kit and threw factory 22" tire size on and completely lost the ride! Anyone else have this issue and know of a fix, i am going to begin purchasing shocks/struts and use the complete kit.
Yukon.jpg

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is hitting the rear bump stops? They need to be trimmed in half at least. Do you have some king of mag ride or auto ride? Bigger wheels is harsher ride.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you using spindles up front?
Did you have the 22's w/ 285/45/R22 tires on BEFORE you lowered it? Or did you only put those on at the same time you lowered it?

I lowered mine 2"/3" with the Belltech kit, drop spindles up front, used shorter bump stops, free travel mod, and DJM rear sway bar end links and I felt the ride remained the same as stock, just lowered. I also had OEM 22's before and after it was lowered with factory 285/45/R22 tires.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Posting in the correct model year portion of the forum may get you more replies.

Sweet looking rig! Hope you get the ride figured out!

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here I used McGaughy kit but didn’t do the free travel mod. Did you get shock extenders? The bump stops definitely need trimming.

mmalcolm

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've got my 13 lowered 2/3 on 22" wheels with a shorter tire rides great its a PPV version of course. The wife has a 2018 Yukon SLT with 2" rear drop coils modified the Auto-ride bars and trimmed the bump stop and it rides just like stock. Going to be going 2/4 on it very shortly. Plus I've lowered a couple to 2/4 with no issues or loss or ride quality.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Text me I e done hundreds of the 21 ups can dial it in

415519 2432

my16tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Lowered this Hog using the Belltech 2-3" lowering kit and threw factory 22" tire size on and completely lost the ride! Anyone else have this issue and know of a fix, i am going to begin purchasing shocks/struts and use the complete kit.
View attachment 377473
I have a 2016 Tahoe and bought new from dealer and I had them install a lowering kit from https://mcgaughys.com. I kept the wheels/tires stock. 80k miles since, no issues. I didnt lower it to be cool, but because I have some mobility issues and it makes it easier to enter and exit the vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon