Lower dash switch options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m curious what the combinations of available switches were in our trucks. Both of my PPVs have the single traction control switch and a useless cubby. See first pic. I’ve seen a version that has 4 switches. Second pic. The exploded view shows 4 modules as options for the location. I’m curious about the others. Are they just versions with fewer of the same switches, or something else?

I’m curious because I want to see what I might suddenly gain with just a switch addition. Alternately, I might reuse one or more of those for something else.

BE45CC87-BA98-4F7A-B542-7CBD59119080.jpeg 4C3DB6DB-B110-4F17-8CE2-4DB43F767C0B.jpeg

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ones I know of....

-adjustable peddles
-traction control
-parking sensors
-heated windshield washer fluid was there, but they removed that, and had a recall to disconnect and remove the heater part

OP
OP
Sparksalot

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
ones I know of....

-adjustable peddles
-traction control
-parking sensors
-heated windshield washer fluid was there, but they removed that, and had a recall to disconnect and remove the heater part
I know about that recall. It happened about a year after I had a Saturn Outlook mysteriously catch fire and burn to the ground.

After I got thecopcar, the reverse lights quit working. It turned out to be the reverse relay which is hardwired into the under hood fuse panel. The replacement part was fully populated with fuses and relays, except one. Tracing it down, it was the washer reservoir heater fuse.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Here is mine...
rps20201226_222225_755.jpg

It originally had the heated washer bottle which was deleted during the recall by the previous owner.

I repurposed it to operate my 42" light bar behind the grille...
rps20201226_222558_547.jpg

Just FYI, the heated washer button is a momentary switch that works off the ground side so it requires a latching relay to turn something on and keep it on.

If you just wanted to use it for something like a train horn it would work without a latching relay.

OP
OP
Sparksalot

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is mine...
View attachment 266061

It originally had the heated washer bottle which was deleted during the recall by the previous owner.

I repurposed it to operate my 42" light bar behind the grille...
View attachment 266063

Just FYI, the heated washer button is a momentary switch that works off the ground side so it requires a latching relay to turn something on and keep it on.

If you just wanted to use it for something like a train horn it would work without a latching relay.
That’s the kind of idea I have.

how well does your light bar work behind the grill?

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Ooo what's the pn for that?

I had to check mine to see how many buttons i have.
:(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu