Lost my lugnut key, nobody has right one, what do I do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ILLEGAL REGAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Find someone with the snap-on kit, the inside of the socket looks like a drill bit and it digs in and tightens on the nut as you turn counter clockwise.

ntxstallion

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you have to love, if there's a need, someone will make it....after spending money on locking lugs, all thieves need to do is buy a universal kit!!

I've used the universal kit before, it is not as "universal" as you would like to be. Still have to take the time to find the right one. In my case, wouldn't work anyway. I have "special" lugs in the making right now.

I am rounding them off and going to use a press to punch a torx or star or hex hole in the top of them. That would be the only way to get them off. What do you guys think about that. P.S. Don't go telling everybody about that.

ghoster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just park it in Baltimore for 30 minutes. They will have those locks off no problem.

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Just park it in Baltimore for 30 minutes. They will have those locks off no problem.

lol

That's a touch out of my way, but a good plan B.

Got it fixed today. They were a special kind of annoying to get off, though, even for the shop. They were a twisting, unevenly spaced, seven-spline key.

Anyway, they got 'em off, problem solved. Now I have normal lugs that I can actually get off without a magical adapter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65