Looking for tires...suggestions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just went with the factory Bridgestones when I got my 22"s, since they were pretty decent in stock 20" form. Bit, I have to say that I'm not in love with the profile or sidewall appearance. Any of you 420s folks have some good pics of the sidewall? Would you say that the shoulder is more squared off or rounded?

Finally, any of you use your 420s in the snow? I've got to have winter traction.

Thanks!

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
I just went with the factory Bridgestones when I got my 22"s, since they were pretty decent in stock 20" form. Bit, I have to say that I'm not in love with the profile or sidewall appearance. Any of you 420s folks have some good pics of the sidewall? Would you say that the shoulder is more squared off or rounded?

Finally, any of you use your 420s in the snow? I've got to have winter traction.

Thanks!

i tke mine off for winter but i heard from other reviews that they do fine in snow. As for the shapeid say a little bit of both. The tire stick a little further out that the rim so don have to worry as much for curbs. This is a 285 tire. 305 was told it be more rounded and bubble a bit more out.

picture.jpg
picture.php

picture.php

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thanks!

Felixgun lives in Colorado and I asked him this very question and he said his 420's did very well in the Denver winter this last winter and they get a lot of snow.

OP
OP
VTburban

VTburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sold on the 420's. Figuratively. I haven't heard back from Rims4Less yet. I'm planning on running a separate set of winters too, and once again Ian, sorry, but I like your style too much to let you be the only one running 17" black steelies when the snow flies.

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i would suggest you get the round king pre died.. as the square ones ride like crap and natural colored ones get super dirty..

OP
OP
VTburban

VTburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
john can you explain what you mean a little more? as a genius or big idiot, i don't always speak the language.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
john can you explain what you mean a little more? as a genius or big idiot, i don't always speak the language.

Ha! I have no idea what he's talking about, either.

I think he at least meant "dyed," but... Who knows!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i would suggest you get the round king pre died.. as the square ones ride like crap and natural colored ones get super dirty..

Do you sell Nitto tires?

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes i carry his tires we have talked..

lol wow people.. rubbers natural color is white.. this is why the early early rubber tires after wooden wheels were white... was not until the 30s..... like old model A with a good restoration correct will have white tires..

now in white tires riding in the mud getting part of the sidewall dirty lead to the development of WHITE WALL tires which was looked at as a luxury item in the 30s.. and then the solid black tire came around by adding tons of carbon soot to the rubber mix as keeping the all white tires of the early days clean was a huge chore.. this lead to the present day all black tires.. all stems from the days before paved roads ..

there is your history lesson kids you are now ready to answer Alex on Jeopardy

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol wow people..

Thanks for the history lesson. I didn't know much of that background on rubber tires.

As for your "wow people..." comment, you have to take a second to review what you wrote initially:

"i would suggest you get the round king pre died."

Round king pre died?

Now can you see how we didn't quite follow you? Haha!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bl74

Latest posts