Looking for a lost article about dyno testing stock cylinder heads.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alex_M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all! I'm looking for a specific article that I've seen but I'm having trouble finding. It was by motortrend, super Chevy, or someone like that. One of the big magazines.

The article was specifically a Dyno test between stock cylinder head castings. Not a flow bench comparison, and not aftermarket heads. I remember the 862 heads were surprisingly good considering they had some of the lower flow bench numbers.

Anyone remember what im talking about, and maybe have a link?

Thanks!

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all! I'm looking for a specific article that I've seen but I'm having trouble finding. It was by motortrend, super Chevy, or someone like that. One of the big magazines.

The article was specifically a Dyno test between stock cylinder head castings. Not a flow bench comparison, and not aftermarket heads. I remember the 862 heads were surprisingly good considering they had some of the lower flow bench numbers.

Anyone remember what im talking about, and maybe have a link?

Thanks!

Was it Hot Rod Magazine? I'm pretty sure I read the same article, but can't find it now. This dude >here< put the results from that test into a chart form, if that helps.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Alex_M

Alex_M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was it Hot Rod Magazine? I'm pretty sure I read the same article, but can't find it now. This dude >here< put the results form that test into a chart form, if that helps.
That looks like info from the same article. Thanks

Maybe this one?
Unfortunately no, that one is a comparison of aftermarket heads.

That's a similar test. Not exactly the same, but close. Thanks!