Longer sway bar end links for front - better handling questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
*Update* the +1 3500HD front end links rusted out and of course the bolt snapped upon removal.

I'm going to make my own adjustable's picking up parts from the hardware store - does anyone have good knowledge on determining the proper height?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
*Update* the +1 3500HD front end links rusted out and of course the bolt snapped upon removal.

I'm going to make my own adjustable's picking up parts from the hardware store - does anyone have good knowledge on determining the proper height?
How old were they that they rusted and broke? Ac Delco parts?

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Year and a half.. have two other sets, one older, one newer. All 3 sets the powder coating is flaking off.

Bolt snapped right above the threads (swaybar side)

IMG_20180914_094004.jpg

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The seller ordered me a replacement that arrived next day. The brand name is "SSM".

Looking at the listing now and here's what is written:

NEW AND IMPROVED!! - We have just released our NEW IMPROVED Heavy Duty 1" Longer Sway Bar End Link Kit. This kit now features a 3/4" powder coated solid steel hex bar center section. Larger, correct size, Energy Suspension HYPER-FLEX ™ Performance Polyurethane sway bar end link bushings. These larger bushings are the correct size for the HD sway bar, they are not a universal one size fits all bushing. Bushings are made from a firm polyurethane and provide more overall mass and surface area than a smaller universal bushing. Then we top them off with Grade 8 zinc plated hardware. This unit is far superior than the factory part and will work on a leveled or bone stock truck. End Link Set does both sides. MADE IN THE USA!!!

I'm going to compare side x side and give this set a try.

Rayyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The seller ordered me a replacement that arrived next day. The brand name is "SSM".

Looking at the listing now and here's what is written:

NEW AND IMPROVED!! - We have just released our NEW IMPROVED Heavy Duty 1" Longer Sway Bar End Link Kit. This kit now features a 3/4" powder coated solid steel hex bar center section. Larger, correct size, Energy Suspension HYPER-FLEX ™ Performance Polyurethane sway bar end link bushings. These larger bushings are the correct size for the HD sway bar, they are not a universal one size fits all bushing. Bushings are made from a firm polyurethane and provide more overall mass and surface area than a smaller universal bushing. Then we top them off with Grade 8 zinc plated hardware. This unit is far superior than the factory part and will work on a leveled or bone stock truck. End Link Set does both sides. MADE IN THE USA!!!

I'm going to compare side x side and give this set a try.
Hey did you ever install those upgraded 3500HD front sway bar links? How are they holding up?

Are they a good length for a 2.5” front lift?

Last edited:

Rayyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I found the SSM ones on ebay, and the fitment is for "2011-2019", but the Kryptonite ones say fitment is 1999 to 2019, so the SSM should fit too, ya?

Although, they also say that it "Does NOT fit 1500 Light Duty? ... Are these the same ones you are running on your NBS 1500?

Also, the Kryptonite links are 7.5" and says they're designed for a 0-2" lift... While these SSM ones are only 7", so are these SSM ones too short for a 2.5" lift if even 7.5" links are designed for a 2" lift max??

SSM sway bay links.jpg

Last edited:

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can those be trimmed? If you haven't already bought em - position your swaybar and take a measurement. Ended up going with different cv's on my trucks as the 3" lift up front puts the stock axles closer to 40degree and was tearing inner boots like a motha. Check out PN: GM8033XTT

Attachments

• IMG_20230101_204717_217.jpg
    IMG_20230101_204717_217.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20230101_204750_996.jpg
    IMG_20230101_204750_996.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011