Long term owners of BlackBear Autocal tunes.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Peacock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just spent 1 1/2 hrs trying to download the Blackbear autocal in my computer and I still don't know if it's in there or not !
Why would they not have a direct link or simple instructions for new customers, they give you a link to another forum which you have to sign up with, then there's no obvious links or instructions for first time users, after you do find it then there's another link !
It then bundles new and old customers plus dealers together, tells you to down loud this unless you downloaded that but you can't do either if you're a dealer, don't download Beta but do download Beta. So in the end you don't know if you downloaded the right thing or not, there's no prompts telling you what to do next, no instructions with the handheld so you don't know what plugs into what or what to even do with it.
Between it and the cost of the laptop to get a Windows system for it to operate I'm into this for about $1800 bucks and still don't have a tune in the damn thing !

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just spent 1 1/2 hrs trying to download the Blackbear autocal in my computer and I still don't know if it's in there or not !
Why would they not have a direct link or simple instructions for new customers, they give you a link to another forum which you have to sign up with, then there's no obvious links or instructions for first time users, after you do find it then there's another link !
It then bundles new and old customers plus dealers together, tells you to down loud this unless you downloaded that but you can't do either if you're a dealer, don't download Beta but do download Beta. So in the end you don't know if you downloaded the right thing or not, there's no prompts telling you what to do next, no instructions with the handheld so you don't know what plugs into what or what to even do with it.
Between it and the cost of the laptop to get a Windows system for it to operate I'm into this for about $1800 bucks and still don't have a tune in the damn thing !
I don't understand the confusion, just download the latest version of efi live, bb will provide you with the license code for your vin, then once you have sent them your drive recording about 2 weeks later you will receive your tune back, usually a ecm tune for mid grade and a 2nd for premium, and a tcm tune. these are then loaded separately

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't know if they are open today, but as a last resort, call them on Monday @BlackBearPerf

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s not that hard. Did you go to BB’s website, go to tuning services, and hit the link at the top right that says “Autocal instructions”? It tells you exactly what to do and includes a link to the latest EFI Live software that you need to install. Here’s that link to the instructions.
http://www.blackbearperformance.com/autocal_management.asp

Peacock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That link is only a link to EFI Live forum not a link to a download, when you get to that forum you have to register and login but no further instructions. So you have to go through the whole forum looking for anything that says download the software, it's really a trouble shooting forum, after you stumble onto it, it's another link, when that opens you don't know if youre suppose to download efi live v7 or v8, then it says don't download beta if you have this because it will have issues firing the cylinder, if your a dealer then don't download beta because it wont work, under that it's telling you to download beta but you still don't know which one. I picked V8 it downloaded but didn't prompt to do anything else, I opened it in another window which is like number 5 by this point with all the links and there's still nothing. So then I figured I'd maybe try the handheld to see if that would trigger a prompt, to my surprise ther's no instruction with the handheld, how to use it or what plugs into what. So tell me again it's not that hard and you only click a link.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That link is only a link to EFI Live forum not a link to a download, when you get to that forum you have to register and login but no further instructions. So you have to go through the whole forum looking for anything that says download the software, it's really a trouble shooting forum, after you stumble onto it, it's another link, when that opens you don't know if youre suppose to download efi live v7 or v8, then it says don't download beta if you have this because it will have issues firing the cylinder, if your a dealer then don't download beta because it wont work, under that it's telling you to download beta but you still don't know which one. I picked V8 it downloaded but didn't prompt to do anything else, I opened it in another window which is like number 5 by this point with all the links and there's still nothing. So then I figured I'd maybe try the handheld to see if that would trigger a prompt, to my surprise ther's no instruction with the handheld, how to use it or what plugs into what. So tell me again it's not that hard and you only click a link.
Yep that link is wrong I see. @BlackBearPerf can you check into this Shannon? It’s linking to their forum instead of to efilive.com.
Philip, go to www.efilive.com and download the latest version of the software ,V8. Then go back to BB’s site and follow their instructions for the rest of it. You just want to use efilive’s website to download the software and then get out if there iirc. The forum is for guys that do their own tuning I believe so stay out of there too.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It looks like once you get to the forum page you need to get out of the Help forum and go to Software Updates and Installation Help.

Click on Forum Home:

EFILive1_resized.jpg

Then:

EFILive2_resized.jpg

And:

EFILive3_resized.jpg

Once you're in that thread there are links to V8 and V7.x to download.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there are only 2 port's on the autocal, so unless you have a obd port on your pc :shrug: ???? just sayin maybe wait for a in person scan and tune event in your area

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marthaInKilgore