Long term owners of BlackBear Autocal tunes.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Peacock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I'm on the east coast and nothing ever seems to be "in the area".

If you notice in that screen shot where it says don't download beta, then the next paragraph down it says TO download beta. It's rather confusing on what you actually are supposed to download, I'm not a laptop tuner kinda guy so I have no idea what the difference between V7 and V8 is or I might be able to sort it out, I don't even know the nomenclature of the old autocal to the new.
All I knew is that I set the afternoon aside to finally get this thing in there and recording so I can send it off. But instead I wasted the afternoon getting aggravated...argh
Tomorrow I'll try that efilive.com and see where I get.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I'm on the east coast and nothing ever seems to be "in the area".

If you notice in that screen shot where it says don't download beta, then the next paragraph down it says TO download beta. It's rather confusing on what you actually are supposed to download, I'm not a laptop tuner kinda guy so I have no idea what the difference between V7 and V8 is or I might be able to sort it out, I don't even know the nomenclature of the old autocal to the new.
All I knew is that I set the afternoon aside to finally get this thing in there and recording so I can send it off. But instead I wasted the afternoon getting aggravated...argh
Tomorrow I'll try that efilive.com and see where I get.
Like I said, don’t follow that link to the forum. Go here https://www.efilive.com/download-efilive then download the latest efilive for whichever Autocal you have- for Autocal V3 download V8.3 and if you have the older Autocal V2 download V8. That’s ALL you want to get from efilive, after you download that go back to http://www.blackbearperformance.com/autocal_management.asp#InitialSetup
and follow the rest of BlackBears setup and data logging instructions. Stay off that forum- I have never been there and I’ve used my Autocal to tune 2 trucks many times over. If you follow my instructions you’ll be fine. They linked that forum by mistake- that link used to take you to the efilive download site. You need to know which Autocal you have. If you just bought it from BB then it’s probably the new V3. If you bought it months ago or bought it used it’s probably like mine, the older V2. Google it if you’re not sure- they look different.

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just spent 1 1/2 hrs trying to download the Blackbear autocal in my computer and I still don't know if it's in there or not !
Why would they not have a direct link or simple instructions for new customers, they give you a link to another forum which you have to sign up with, then there's no obvious links or instructions for first time users, after you do find it then there's another link !
It then bundles new and old customers plus dealers together, tells you to down loud this unless you downloaded that but you can't do either if you're a dealer, don't download Beta but do download Beta. So in the end you don't know if you downloaded the right thing or not, there's no prompts telling you what to do next, no instructions with the handheld so you don't know what plugs into what or what to even do with it.
Between it and the cost of the laptop to get a Windows system for it to operate I'm into this for about $1800 bucks and still don't have a tune in the damn thing !
Give us a call I can remote into your computer and help out 877-809-4070, we are here Mon-Fri 8am-4pm PST

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any tips on the initial data log before sending it in to get the best information i can ? as in what should i do while i drive around. Stop and go or continuous drive without stopping?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any tips on the initial data log before sending it in to get the best information i can ? as in what should i do while i drive around. Stop and go or continuous drive without stopping?
Make sure to get some wide open throttles for a few seconds at a time in there, and then just different types of driving, for about 30 mins. Everyone is correct make sure to refer to our AutoCal Management page as well.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Make sure to get some wide open throttles for a few seconds at a time in there, and then just different types of driving, for about 30 mins. Everyone is correct make sure to refer to our AutoCal Management page as well.

Any excuse for some WOT pulls is ok with me. And they’ll be even more fun AFTER the tune! Don’t forget to do a few then too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rcarew907