Lifted/Leveled 2021 - Postem Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

denalijoe415

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m surprised as your tires are very close to the stock Z71/AT4 size. I’m running a 3/4” taller tire (315/70R17) with slightly less offset at stock ride height. I also have the power running boards. I only rub at entry / exit ride height (approximately 2” lower than normal).

Based on your description, I suspect you haven’t done anything to the wheel liner, and you’re rubbing the liner just above the running board. There is a bracket behind the liner, just above the running board, held in place by 4 bolts. Remove the bracket the tie the liner back to the frame. I used a self tapping screw into the small divot in the frame. Once done, it’s completely unnoticeable from outside and you would have to be quite familiar with a Tahoe/Yukon wheel liner to tell, even with the tire removed. Sorry but I don’t have any pictures of my mod. There were several good photos a few posts back showing behind the wheel liner and the Westcott Design YouTube channel has several videos on their fender liner kit. Strictly speaking the kit isn’t necessary but should make the mod even easier.

Here’s a couple photos of the area in question. You were right on about the screws and placement of rub. Gonna get to work shortly.

Attachments

• IMG_4333.jpeg
    IMG_4333.jpeg
    396 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4335.jpeg
    IMG_4335.jpeg
    320 KB · Views: 12

djnice

Reaction score
On my 24 Yukon AT4. I don't think I need 2.5" lift. I wonder how the RC2.5 does if I leave out the preload spacers? I like the control arms on the Ready lift 3" as they look more durable, but I think it will go higher than I want.

Where are people finding the best prices on suspension and wheels?

nick14226

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 24 Yukon AT4. I don't think I need 2.5" lift. I wonder how the RC2.5 does if I leave out the preload spacers? I like the control arms on the Ready lift 3" as they look more durable, but I think it will go higher than I want.

Where are people finding the best prices on suspension and wheels?
RC has a 2" with strut spacers, and a 3.5" with strut and preload spacers.
You're asking if you can get the 3.5" but leave out the preload spacers, and only used the strut spacers and UCA's?

djnice

Reaction score
Yes, but since the AT4 is mag ride, supposedly I have to go with the 2.5". They are probably different so that the strut spacers accomdate the wiring. Maybe I will like the 2.5. I am a little worried it will be too nose high so maybe I could leave out the front preload spacers?

Looking at the photos of the 3.5 and 2.5 side by side I can see the differences. I guess my main two concerns is what is the actual resulting lift in inches and what is the height difference front to rear.

The second less critical issue is the Ready lift versus Rough country UCA's. Is one much better than the other?

Last edited:

djnice

Reaction score
Actually, I think this answers my question. Wish it was on an AT4, but it appears to have lifted the front and rear equally.

nick14226

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, but since the AT4 is mag ride, supposedly I have to go with the 2.5". They are probably different so that the strut spacers accomdate the wiring. Maybe I will like the 2.5. I am a little worried it will be too nose high so maybe I could leave out the front preload spacers?

Looking at the photos of the 3.5 and 2.5 side by side I can see the differences. I guess my main two concerns is what is the actual resulting lift in inches and what is the height difference front to rear.

The second less critical issue is the Ready lift versus Rough country UCA's. Is one much better than the other?
Gotcha, didn’t catch the Magneride part. My experience is with the 2” rc and 3” readylift, and I can say both of those are nose high on my z71 (more so with the RC). Pics I’ve seen show the same for the 3.5. With that said, trim packages other than z71 and at4 sit level or even a bit rear high. So to my eye there’s a bit of a difference in stock form between their struts.

The 2.5 I have no experience so won’t comment.

Agree the readylift UCA’s look heavier duty than RC’s, but can’t say if they’re more reliable (haven’t heard of either failing).

Rayse

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Actually, I think this answers my question. Wish it was on an AT4, but it appears to have lifted the front and rear equally.
RC says it’s only for mag ride but that’s not true. You can do the 2” spacer kit with no mag ride effect. The struts don’t even know the height has changed on the vehicle. I had a 2” and changed to 2.5 because I had issues with the lift (Traxda). Also mine has probably a half inch raise in the back vs the front. Not perfect but close. 2” looks to level things perfectly though.

djnice

Reaction score
@Rayse, do you think the lift raised the rear more or was the stock Denali already a half inch high in the rear?

Ever93

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! Back of my front fenders has some space, did the wescott pull backs, but front of front fenders was rubbing with 295 60 20’s even after a little rework. So I’d have more to do there with 35’s.

I use the Waze app to check speedometer. Had an mph app too which seemed the same as Waze . Not sure how accurate the gps apps are for speed, but from what I can tell they’re darn close to actual.
After using the Waze app, it was indeed off ~1-2mph. So my Speedo said 68 but Waze said 70 lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo