Lifted/Leveled 2021 - Postem Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just mounted 295/50/22 BFG’s on stock wheels. SuspensionMaxx leveling kit and only used 2 inches of the 2.5 available. Rear is stock.

Running into issues with run at slight turn when in reverse, almost to the point where it rubs on the running boards. Looked fine at tire shop. Might have to go back to 285/45/22 or bring the front up a bit.

Any thoughts?

Just do a little trimmin!

Looks great !

jgraves

Reaction score
I just mounted 295/50/22 BFG’s on stock wheels. SuspensionMaxx leveling kit and only used 2 inches of the 2.5 available. Rear is stock.

Running into issues with run at slight turn when in reverse, almost to the point where it rubs on the running boards. Looked fine at tire shop. Might have to go back to 285/45/22 or bring the front up a bit.

Any thoughts?

I’m surprised as your tires are very close to the stock Z71/AT4 size. I’m running a 3/4” taller tire (315/70R17) with slightly less offset at stock ride height. I also have the power running boards. I only rub at entry / exit ride height (approximately 2” lower than normal).

Based on your description, I suspect you haven’t done anything to the wheel liner, and you’re rubbing the liner just above the running board. There is a bracket behind the liner, just above the running board, held in place by 4 bolts. Remove the bracket the tie the liner back to the frame. I used a self tapping screw into the small divot in the frame. Once done, it’s completely unnoticeable from outside and you would have to be quite familiar with a Tahoe/Yukon wheel liner to tell, even with the tire removed. Sorry but I don’t have any pictures of my mod. There were several good photos a few posts back showing behind the wheel liner and the Westcott Design YouTube channel has several videos on their fender liner kit. Strictly speaking the kit isn’t necessary but should make the mod even easier.

Attachments

• IMG_4551.jpeg
    IMG_4551.jpeg
    258.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4528.jpeg
    IMG_4528.jpeg
    398.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4529.jpeg
    IMG_4529.jpeg
    421.1 KB · Views: 22

nick14226

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m surprised as your tires are very close to the stock Z71/AT4 size. I’m running a 3/4” taller tire (315/70R17) with slightly less offset at stock ride height. I also have the power running boards. I only rub at entry / exit ride height (approximately 2” lower than normal).

Based on your description, I suspect you haven’t done anything to the wheel liner, and you’re rubbing the liner just above the running board. There is a bracket behind the liner, just above the running board, held in place by 4 bolts. Remove the bracket the tie the liner back to the frame. I used a self tapping screw into the small divot in the frame. Once done, it’s completely unnoticeable from outside and you would have to be quite familiar with a Tahoe/Yukon wheel liner to tell, even with the tire removed. Sorry but I don’t have any pictures of my mod. There were several good photos a few posts back showing behind the wheel liner and the Westcott Design YouTube channel has several videos on their fender liner kit. Strictly speaking the kit isn’t necessary but should make the mod even easier.
Doesn’t look like a 21-up to me.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Hes got the prior generation…i think the newer ones have more space in the wheel wells. Also, those older models had smaller tires.

jgraves

Reaction score
Hes got the prior generation…i think the newer ones have more space in the wheel wells. Also, those older models had smaller tires.
I see that now. I may have been half asleep and looking at a tiny image on my phone last night. I also assumed I was in the ‘21+ forum as that’s all I have experience with.

nick14226

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 419311Finally after trying to decide what to go with. Thanks to all of you who have posted their setup. Really helped me decide what to do lol
3.5” rc lift
20” Fuel rebels +1mm
Wrapped in ridge grapplers 35x12.50
Was trimming/cutting pretty extreme for the 35’s? I’m on a 3” readylift and temptation to move up to 35’s is there. Speedometer 2-3 mph low?

Ever93

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Was trimming/cutting pretty extreme for the 35’s? I’m on a 3” readylift and temptation to move up to 35’s is there. Speedometer 2-3 mph low?
There was minor plastic trimming/pulling the wheel liner back some to take away rubbing. I have no rub at all now at full turns. This was with the 3.5” RC too. As far as the speedo I haven’t checked how far it’s off but my guess would be that it possibly is off a tad now. Anyone know how I can check on that?

nick14226

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was minor plastic trimming/pulling the wheel liner back some to take away rubbing. I have no rub at all now at full turns. This was with the 3.5” RC too. As far as the speedo I haven’t checked how far it’s off but my guess would be that it possibly is off a tad now. Anyone know how I can check on that?
Thanks for the info! Back of my front fenders has some space, did the wescott pull backs, but front of front fenders was rubbing with 295 60 20’s even after a little rework. So I’d have more to do there with 35’s.

I use the Waze app to check speedometer. Had an mph app too which seemed the same as Waze . Not sure how accurate the gps apps are for speed, but from what I can tell they’re darn close to actual.

jgraves

Reaction score
I was also going to suggest Waze. I think google or apple maps also report speed on some instances (maybe when navigation is active). In general GPS is very accurate for speed measurement. I’ve seen some short duration inconsistencies with speed reported by navigational GPS which a suspect is due to a lower sampling / refresh rate, but on straight, level highway at constant speed and considering an average, then should provide a very accurate speed.

My AT4 speedo reads 2-3% slow with 315/70R17. I don’t recall checking with the stock tires and the stock AT4/Z71 tires are a little taller than the other trim levels which may be factored into the speedo programming.

denalijoe415

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

I really appreciate the response. I’m going to take a look in the morning and will post a few more pics of the main issue. I’ve been looking at replacement tires/sizes and would rather not change at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo