Lifted/Leveled 2021 - Postem Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WVBKW

Reaction score
Just leveled my 21 Tahoe Z71, 2 in front, had to add 1 in the back. Mounted new KO3 ATs on Z71 20" Rims. Very happy with the look and more importantly the ride, which changed minimally (for once)...
Do you have any additional photos, showing it from further back. Looks great, how are the KO3's, ride and noise?

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been having buyer's remorse with the 33's I've had for a year now. I originally wanted 35's, but I was afraid I'd have to add a taller lift (than my 3") and not clear some parking structures. My other option is to cut more into my fender for turning clearance, but I haven't decided just yet. My current tires still have a lot of tread, so I have some time to think about it.

TXAG07

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone know what kind of lift you’d achieve if you installed the RC 3.5 without the pre-load spacers and if it would be level or not? I called RC and they said they didn’t know. I tried to get some clarity about the strut spacer sizes but I don’t think the guy knew that either. He said he thought the new 2.5” magride kit shared the same strut spacer as the 2” kit but the strut spacers on the 3.5 were different. If you look at the pictures online that may be correct.

I want a 2.5/1.5 with UCAs and no preload spacers to keep ride from getting stiff. I’ve thought of ordering all 3, comparing, then return what I don’t want to use.

nick14226

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what kind of lift you’d achieve if you installed the RC 3.5 without the pre-load spacers and if it would be level or not? I called RC and they said they didn’t know. I tried to get some clarity about the strut spacer sizes but I don’t think the guy knew that either. He said he thought the new 2.5” magride kit shared the same strut spacer as the 2” kit but the strut spacers on the 3.5 were different. If you look at the pictures online that may be correct.

I want a 2.5/1.5 with UCAs and no preload spacers to keep ride from getting stiff. I’ve thought of ordering all 3, comparing, then return what I don’t want to use.
I just had the 2” RC removed and can measure the spacers if it helps you (upgraded to 3” readylift). With the 2” in my Z71 it was nose high. I believe that happens with both the 2” and 3.5” RC on z71 and at4, yet LS and LT Tahoe and SLE and SLT Yukons sit level or have a bit of rake with the same kits. Have to have slight differences in either the front or rear factory struts between the trim levels.

The 3” readylift is a smidge nose high on the z71 too, by maybe 1/2”, but it’s looks much better to my eye. No front preload spacers, does have rears, and I haven’t noticed any ride difference.

When trying to figure this all out I was comparing install instructions and how much strut studs get trimmed for the different spacers. Seemed to me RC uses a slightly taller front for the 3.5 and the same on the rear between the two kits (just guessing).

So long story short, it depends on your trim level, but not feeling good you’d sit level with the 3.5 and no preload spacers…

3” readylift
IMG_3451.jpeg

2” RC
IMG_3300.jpeg

REF0603

Reaction score
Id love to get some measurements of front and rear on 3.5" RC lift. I see some nose high, others level, others with a tiny bit of rake. Supreme offroad make tiny level shims to adjust this.

REF0603

Reaction score
40-3/4” front and back
I'm happy to see that it sits perfectly level. I have been hearing and reading that the RC kit can be taller in the front. have you noticed any settling since you've installed and drove around for a little while?

nick14226

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id love to get some measurements of front and rear on 3.5" RC lift. I see some nose high, others level, others with a tiny bit of rake. Supreme offroad make tiny level shims to adjust this.
I gathered some info from some FB friends who have the 3.5" RC on the 21-up Tahoe group. One Z71 was 40.5" front / 40" rear, the other was 40" front / 40.5" rear. A bit perplexing, even with variables like amount of fuel in the tank at the time of measurement the differences are significant from one to the next. The majority I've seen are nose high though.

Found those shims you mentioned, looks like they're meant to address one side being higher than the other in the front. Yet another variable, haha!
In most of these cases I think rear shims would be what's needed though.

TXAG07

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you so much for your reply Nick. That gives me some guidance. I definitely don’t think I should do the 3.5 without the preloads now. Mine is an SLT.

Your rig looks great in both configurations, but think the RL 3” turned out perfect. If it wasn’t so much more expensive than the RC I’d probably do it…..may be a little too tall though still for our family vehicle.

nick14226

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much for your reply Nick. That gives me some guidance. I definitely don’t think I should do the 3.5 without the preloads now. Mine is an SLT.

Your rig looks great in both configurations, but think the RL 3” turned out perfect. If it wasn’t so much more expensive than the RC I’d probably do it…..may be a little too tall though still for our family vehicle.
You're welcome.

And yes, without the AMP powersteps the wife and kids would not be happy with my decision to go 3" LOL

jarrod22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got my lift installed a couple weeks back, love how it turned out!

2021 Z71
2” RC Lift
BFG AT TA K02 in 285/60/20
Fuel Flame Wheels, 20” +1

Attachments

• F8B98331-CD85-438C-B7E5-0F0F26322B9C.jpeg
    F8B98331-CD85-438C-B7E5-0F0F26322B9C.jpeg
    376 KB · Views: 72
  • 660C467A-1571-4BFD-82FD-F83E774B0DFC.jpeg
    660C467A-1571-4BFD-82FD-F83E774B0DFC.jpeg
    327.9 KB · Views: 69

Forum statistics