Lifted/Leveled 2021 - Postem Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gpeltier

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Probably not the struts, it’s the upper control arms that are hitting your wheels without the spacers. I’m running 2” RC, 1.25” spacers, stock size tires and had to remove the brackets behind the fender liners and do a little trimming. Did you remove the brackets?

That’s correct- Control Arms not struts- my bad. Yes, we removed brackets and pushed the felt back. No felt trimming though. I wonder what part of the felt that Westcott pullback kit pulls. I will look to see where the major rubbing was. I have the vehicle with factories back on them now. I might just put the 285/55r22 on and drive for a while and just constantly trim. I dont think I will be happy with 285/50r22 with a 3.5” lift.

Gpeltier

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Finally finished… 3.5” RC lift 1.25” spacers 285/55R22 Nitto Recon Grapplers. Trimmed and zip tied felt back. Minor rubbing on sharp right turn. Wife is happy so I guess we good. Love the tires!! I have the Ridge Grapplers on my F250 and I think I’m going with the Recon next.

OP
OP
DWSmoot

DWSmoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@DWSmoot You had less rubbing with 2” lift and no spacers? What made u put spacers? I’m thinking about going down to 2” lift to keep factory control arms and removing spacers. My guy installing thinks that will make the rubbing worse.
Yes more rubbing with the spacers, but I wanted to move the tire away from the control arm a bit as it was close. Also like the look of the stance with the 1.25 Spacers.

Finley2020

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
- 2023 High Country w/ Air ride suspension
- 2.5" Autoplex custom air ride lift and level
- I know they used custom order links but I'm not sure where they got them from
- I would suggest reaching out to Scott at Lewisville Autoplex if you have specific questions
- 35/12.5/R22 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
- 22x9 Vossen HF6-3 Wheels

IMG_4184.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts