Lifted/Leveled 2021 - Postem Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nick14226

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m 100% you. I feel like my Tahoe is completely level from the factory. I want to incorporate a modest lift (1” - 2”) but I’m nervous to go with most kits that are available right now, since they all tend to raise the front more than the rear. If I could find a 1.5” lift front and rear I feel like I’d be happy.
I have the RC 2” lift on order, should be installed in a couple weeks. I’ll report back with before and after measurements. As @DWSmoot had already measured he’s level after so I’m hoping for the same. I don’t think you get a full 2” out of this kit, also don’t think the spacer thicknesses are actually 2” / 1” (though the RC rep told me this is the case). Then you have differences in the geometry of the front vs rear struts so thicker spacer in the front and thinner in the rear could net the same amount of lift. What is RC actually measuring? We’ll see

sanman28

Reaction score
Do you have any pictures of the trimming needed to accomplish this tire size setup? Anything would really help. Also what offset/backspacing are those methods?
Who is this question directed at?

nick14226

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the RC 2” lift on order, should be installed in a couple weeks. I’ll report back with before and after measurements. As @DWSmoot had already measured he’s level after so I’m hoping for the same. I don’t think you get a full 2” out of this kit, also don’t think the spacer thicknesses are actually 2” / 1” (though the RC rep told me this is the case). Then you have differences in the geometry of the front vs rear struts so thicker spacer in the front and thinner in the rear could net the same amount of lift. What is RC actually measuring? We’ll see
Here's how mine turned out. Before (factory suspension w/ stock size KO2's) and after (2" RC lift same KO2's). Measurements on drivers side only, ground to top of fender openings, 3/4 tank of fuel. Fenders aren't level based on these numbers, however, I'm liking it. Body lines are level and surprised with how much of a change this kit made when I first walked up to the Tahoe in person.

BeforeAfterDifference
LF
37.5625"​
39.1875"​
1.625"​
LR
37.625"​
38.75"​
1.125"​

7.jpg

jakebroussard0260

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Changed some things up today. Went to the 2” level from RC (new release with front and back spacers). Also went up a tire size and squeezed in 285/55r22. Slight trim required to lower portion of front fender well behind felt, in-noticeable. Good luck going any bigger on a 2 or 2.5” level.

View attachment 279096
View attachment 279097
Are your headlights and tail lights tinted?

Punteh

Reaction score
For anyone who has leveled their ride, what's your frame height after leveling?

I have a Yukon Denali on order and I've ordered it with air ride because I have concerns about ground clearance in a couple of situations that this truck will be used for. If there's a level that works with mag ride and helps enough with ground clearance it might be a way for me to get my Yukon sooner, also save some money

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I have a Yukon Denali on order and I've ordered it with air ride because I have concerns about ground clearance in a couple of situations that this truck will be used for. If there's a level that works with mag ride and helps enough with ground clearance it might be a way for me to get my Yukon sooner, also save some money

There are leveling and small lift kits out for mag ride.

The frame height is going to go up by the same amount the level/lift is within reason…unless its just the front leveled, then the back portion of frame will stay the same at the tires (and actually lower behind the tires).

nick14226

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'm showing 10-1/4" from ground to where the frame dips low under the rear doors with the 2" rough country lift and stock height tires

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094