Lifted/Leveled 2021 - Postem Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TRAUMAUNIT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey looking for some help here. I don't have the Air Ride Suspension but I looked at my Window sticker and its shows ZW7 Suspension Package, Premium Smooth Ride. All of these lift kits say no Z71 on there pages. Did any of you guys have this suspension on yours from the factory that did a lift kit? I'm not sure if this is the default suspension on z71s or what.

Fireslayer308

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey looking for some help here. I don't have the Air Ride Suspension but I looked at my Window sticker and its shows ZW7 Suspension Package, Premium Smooth Ride. All of these lift kits say no Z71 on there pages. Did any of you guys have this suspension on yours from the factory that did a lift kit? I'm not sure if this is the default suspension on z71s or what.
My Z71 has the premium smooth ride suspension. We installed the 2” Rough Country lift without any issue. It says it doesn’t fit the Z71, however, it installs flawlessly and rides great. No issues getting it aligned afterward.

jimbaeumel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any issues with the rough country 2/1 on a Yukon or Yukon xl with standard suspension?

TexasTZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They are likely saying Not Z71 because it doesn’t work with the air ride system. However, not all have it, mine doesn’t.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any issues with the rough country 2/1 on a Yukon or Yukon xl with standard suspension?
I asked the local chevy dealer parts guy about this kit for my XL and he confirmed the shocks are the same parts between a yukon XL and a suburban with standard suspension. The service department however will NOT install this kit on my yukon as rough country says it will not fit. He even called and talked so someone at rough country and they said it will not work on a yukon "because they come from the factory at a different ride height than a suburban." Both the parts guy and I think this is BS but nonetheless their service department will not install it...

TRAUMAUNIT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My Z71 has the premium smooth ride suspension. We installed the 2” Rough Country lift without any issue. It says it doesn’t fit the Z71, however, it installs flawlessly and rides great. No issues getting it aligned afterward.
Thanks for the info that makes me feel better haha. Do you have any pics of your ride I can see? What wheels and tires are you running?

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info that makes me feel better haha. Do you have any pics of your ride I can see? What wheels and tires are you running?
Scroll down a few posts here…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt