Lift Keys, 2" Spacers, 33s on 20s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
01Konvict

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
A few more pics and this time loaded with a friends boat. The rear squatted a little bit but not bad and towed great.
photo.jpg
photo1.jpg

01yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not bad for a white boy! Got me wanting to lift the hoe instead of lowering. Nice boat!

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
I'm surprised that little boat is causing that much sagging in the rear, actually. Any idea what the tongue weight on that trailer is?

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised that little boat is causing that much sagging in the rear, actually. Any idea what the tongue weight on that trailer is?

Im not sure why either, but he has z71 springs as well and they should not sag... I have regular LS springs, and 1.5" spacer and with a 1000lbs of cargo my rear was saging good too, not something I like. Took the weight off the back, and my truck sprung up so high, that I cranked the front to match it back off. Also not liking the extra height Im at now without wait in the rear. Not sure if I would have prefer a .75" or 1". Now Im about to remove my coil spacers, in the rear and drop it back down to no rear spacers and then just lower the lift keys upfront to get it more level but little closer to the ground since 32s is as big as I will venture.

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

If anyone is looking for some 1.5" coil spacers let me know.

OP
OP
01Konvict

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
It doesn't sag that much as you may seem. It sat down about a 1" in the rear which I find kinda normal. The spring should absorb part of the tongue weight then be stiff for towing and handling. I do not know the tongue weight of the boat but the engine is forward of the rear axles and majority of the boat is also. So with the tongue heavy and springs responding by far better then stock I was very pleased with the handling and towing factor.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
It doesn't sag that much as you may seem. It sat down about a 1" in the rear which I find kinda normal. The spring should absorb part of the tongue weight then be stiff for towing and handling. I do not know the tongue weight of the boat but the engine is forward of the rear axles and majority of the boat is also. So with the tongue heavy and springs responding by far better then stock I was very pleased with the handling and towing factor.

If the boat engine is forward of the trailer's axle, that explains it. That's going to add quite a bit of weight right there. I'm assuming it's a big engine as well.

barhpr

Reaction score
Planning the same set up and talked to a alignment man toady. He was asking me what specs they align it to? Same as factory? I know notta when it comea to alignment.

OP
OP
01Konvict

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
I did the same as factory specs with the camber adjusted to the negative side of 0 degrees. It shouldn't be very difficult to do the alignment. Mine turned out all in the acceptable stock range of specs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep