Leveling kit to lower?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rough Country sells a 2" lowering kit for our trucks that does this very thing using a 1/4" spacer under the lower control arm and Grade 9 hardware.

I mounted my Rancho 9 way adjustable struts under the control arm WITHOUT any spacer and I would say it was a full 2" drop without the 1/4" spacer. I say this because I replaced the Belltech lowering struts that were in there and set at the full 2" of drop and it was just as low.

I also have Belltech 2" spindles up front for a total of 4" up front.

I think the " 1" lift spacer" you are talking about, which is actually 1/2" thick, would give you about 3" of drop up front... although you may have trouble aligning the front end with adding the camber kit or offset bushings in the upper control arms. Spindles are much better for keeping the geometry correct.

How low are you trying to go???

I remember us discussing this a while back. Glad you finally did it and surprised it’s such a drop. Was hoping for more of a 1” drop to add for mine and not have to go with struts.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I remember us discussing this a while back. Glad you finally did it and surprised it’s such a drop. Was hoping for more of a 1” drop to add for mine and not have to go with struts.

You could always mix and match... lol

Drop the struts below the control arm for a 2" drop... then add a 1/2" thick spacer to the top of the strut to lift it back up 1"... that way you get what you want without actually changing struts.

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could always mix and match... lol

Drop the struts below the control arm for a 2" drop... then add a 1/2" thick spacer to the top of the strut to lift it back up 1"... that way you get what you want without actually changing struts.
I’ve got 2” drop spindles now. That extra inch costs a lot to go to 3” lol

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I’ve got 2” drop spindles now. That extra inch costs a lot to go to 3” lol

The Grade 9 bolt kit from Rough Country was around $20 and a pair of 1/2" lift spacers (1/4" actual thickness) are about $20 as well.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/401479802743

You may find that a 1/2" lift is enough... even if it wasn't you could probably stack the spacers to get a full inch of lift as long as the top bolts are long enough.

$40-$60 dollars is still cheap VS buying the drop struts and having to swap springs.

Alternatively you could get the coil relocators and put them on your struts to gain the inch of drop and leave your struts on top of the control arms.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dprdmd