another newbie from Seattle WA Qs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

atanasd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys and gals
Few days ago we bought a 07 Suburban LT 5.3l . will post pic soon. I have been doing some research on the 5.3, 6.0 and 6.2 about the AFM/DOD.
I'm looking for a tuner to get a tune and disable DOD/AFM.
which one is the best one for this year truck?
How can I find out which model engine, I know it is 5.3 v8 but which code same goes for trans, front rear differential and Transfer case?
we also want to install a 10 or 12inch Tesla radio. it pretty much replaces the entire center console with a tablet see rhinoradios.com https://rhinoradios.com/collections...roid-radio-tesla-style?variant=31282175443062
I do have Onstar and i did read that you might need some kind of aftermarket module ( retain Onstar) https://www.ebay.com/itm/1850771637...pQJPkNBkTBn5GOjDG_lUJD6P-h_uHPLkaAuBKEALw_wcB
but when i watch YT rasio installs no one is installing that.
Thanks

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

The RPO sticker on your glovebox door provides information on your truck. You can easily get info from GM (printbook for RPO codes) online regarding what each RPO code means.

OP
OP
A

atanasd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks guys.
No on everything. It's completely stock. Why do I need fuel gauge? I am installing a tesla 12 inch android radio which connects to ecm and can monitor all parameters. Is fuel pressure Important on these engines ?
I did replace the oil pressure switch last night. Also I can't figure out how yo open trunk. I only see a button by the sunroof button. But what about outside?
Here are 2 pics from my shop when I replaced the sensor. Will post more today. It is truly in perfect condition. Interior as well.
Engine sounds healthy no knocks or ticks, drivetrain is solid as well.
I am looking for way to disable AFM . I don't want the plug in OBDII dongle. Those drain battery and put extra load on engine. . Looking for tuner.
What is the deal with leveling kit or lower kit.

Attachments

• 20211204_170044.jpg
    20211204_170044.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 20211204_170053.jpg
    20211204_170053.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 2

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach!

Your Tahoe looks to be in excellent condition.

Just post any issues/questions in the 2007-2014 section. Seems you already found it. Thank you!