Let's sift through every square inch of a 2013 Tahoe PPV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Caddylack

Caddylack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got a pair of sealed boxes for 6x9s. I'm trying to decide where/how to mount them. So far my best idea is mounting them right on the surface of the sheet metal rear door panels, facing forward. Pics of that coming soon.

What is a good way to delete the factory intake resonators?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is a good way to delete the factory intake resonators?

Cut 'em off and cut out patches from the removed resonators and epoxy them over the holes.

I like J-B Weld Plastic Bonder. Regular ABS cement might be a viable option as well.

OP
OP
Caddylack

Caddylack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cut 'em off and cut out patches from the removed resonators and epoxy them over the holes.

I like J-B Weld Plastic Bonder. Regular ABS cement might be a viable option as well.
I've definitely thought about this. I'm curious if there are any budget alternatives to the Air Raid modular tube?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've definitely thought about this. I'm curious if there are any budget alternatives to the Air Raid modular tube?

PCV or ABS plumbing pipe. It sounds janky, but can be done really cleanly.

My neighbor made one similar to this:

5075d1501888222-homemade-intake-need-pics-d528c741.jpg

But his isn't arched up that high and (I think) has another elbow near the filter box. Makes it more curvy, lower-profile and cleaner-looking.

OP
OP
Caddylack

Caddylack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as air intakes, I've tossed around a few ideas and finally settled on one.

I'm thinking I will cut off the resonators and use scrap pieces to patch the holes, as suggested.

I like the idea of being thrifty and cutting/modding the existing tube, but I definitely want a "finished" look. My plan is to wrap the tube in some sort of heat shielding, so that you can't see the patches.

Pics to come.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as air intakes, I've tossed around a few ideas and finally settled on one.

I'm thinking I will cut off the resonators and use scrap pieces to patch the holes, as suggested.

I like the idea of being thrifty and cutting/modding the existing tube, but I definitely want a "finished" look. My plan is to wrap the tube in some sort of heat shielding, so that you can't see the patches.

Pics to come.

That J-B Weld Plastic Bonder epoxy or ABS cement (the black stuff) is very similar to the plastic that the stock tube is made of. If you're skilled with such work, you can sand the epoxy to blend it with the plastic, then spray paint the whole thing with something like a satin or flat black to look like new, original plastic. Even if it's not perfect, between being painted all one color and being on the back and underside of the tube, only you'll know of the imperfections. Hell, you got me wanting to circumcise my stock intake duct.

My neighbor painted his SPI (Shit Pipe Intake) tube with rattle can bedliner/undercoating.

OP
OP
Caddylack

Caddylack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would there be a market for Tahoe PPV badges?

I'm getting into fabrication.

OP
OP
Caddylack

Caddylack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still alive (barely).

I am planning to go to the drag strip on Saturday the 24th, this next weekend. I will be racing a Marauder.

Any predictions? If I break into the 14s, I will be happy. The Tahoe has really been surprising me lately with it's acceleration. I'm super happy with the way the trans acts since getting tuned. I had a great race the other night against a C4 vette, where we got a good 4ish side-by-side pulls in, and we were basically dead even.

I still haven't touched my intake or exhaust, but I do plan on modding the intake before Saturday.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still alive (barely).

I am planning to go to the drag strip on Saturday the 24th, this next weekend. I will be racing a Marauder.

Any predictions? If I break into the 14s, I will be happy. The Tahoe has really been surprising me lately with it's acceleration. I'm super happy with the way the trans acts since getting tuned. I had a great race the other night against a C4 vette, where we got a good 4ish side-by-side pulls in, and we were basically dead even.

I still haven't touched my intake or exhaust, but I do plan on modding the intake before Saturday.

If you get 14s with a tune only, you should be very happy. Otherwise, low 15s. PLEASE GET SOME VIDS! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec