Left and right lower ball joint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Writefast

Reaction score
So in looking at the service history it looks like my 07 Yuke and left and right lower ball joints replaced twice in 2k miles at around 160k miles. No mention in the history before that and no weird clunks or steering issues so far for me. Are ball joints a week spot? To be clear I’ve no idea what her earlier life was but I’m assuming she spent some amount of time towing something. RV trailer maybe. Idk.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Writefast 160k is about the max lifetime of the factory ball joints. I am guessing the first time they were replaced were with cheap parts like Detroit axle which didn't last long and they had them replaced again will better quality parts. Just speculating on the reason but short answer is no the balljoints aren't a weak spot on these.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are these grease-able? Maybe never got lubed?

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our factory original (193k miles) lower ball joints on our 07 Denali wheren't greaseable:(
The newly installed replacements are :)

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The greaseable ball joints come pre-greased from the factory, at least that was the case with the Moog ones I used

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan