LED's now no cruise control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DanDman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I installed LED bulbs in the taillights of my '04 LT. Now my cruise control doesn't function at all. Reinstalled the incandescent bulbs, everything works again.
Is there a certain kind/brand of led I should install? The ones I installed are Phillips.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed LED bulbs in the taillights of my '04 LT. Now my cruise control doesn't function at all. Reinstalled the incandescent bulbs, everything works again.
Is there a certain kind/brand of led I should install? The ones I installed are Phillips.
you need to add a load canceler you don't have canbus only the hybrid GMT800s* & 900 have CANBUS
*silverado

OP
OP
DanDman

DanDman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I should have specified that it was the brake lamps. Do the brake lamps need a resistor?
I will be installing a led compliant flasher for the turn signals

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should have specified that it was the brake lamps. Do the brake lamps need a resistor?
yeah probably.. a normal light bulb is a resistor that is what the controller is looking for

Mezzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes the rear brake lights also need resistors

OP
OP
DanDman

DanDman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
s-l400.jpg Would these work? I'll have look at my wire harness tomorrow and see if they will

robnarley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you ever get this figured out? I was planning to add the Philips LEDs to my 2003.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157