LED's now no cruise control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flingflanger

Reaction score
"No point of swapping to LED if I need to waste 50w of electricity each time I brake."

This is some strange logic. You're not 'wasting' electricity. The same amount of electricity is being used every time you push the brakes. Doesn't matter if you have a resistor in place or not. Think of it more like you need to slow the electricity down now that its not being in hampered by those needy incandescent bulbs. Its too quick back to the relay so the relay can't figure out whats going on. Slow it down the CC relay will know whats going on again and you'll be happy. Its less than $10 and super easy to do.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like your logic! This LED craze is bizarre, 2000 watt Led headlights and they wonder why electrial problems started. My personal favorite is Blue Lights on everything- Right, ruin night vision for ten minutes with every blue glimpse. Ever wonder why airplanes have red lights?

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Except LED headlights aren’t that bright (light bars are but look how many individual diodes it takes to be that bright, that isn’t fitting inside a stock headlight) and have only been around a couple of years. HID headlights are what people have been using for years that are “blue” (8000k+). The problem with these isn’t anything to do with the color, it’s using HID bulbs in a reflector designed for a halogen bulb and then they usually don’t adjust the headlight aim either. Factory HID’s look blue because of the projector lens but the light is actually 4300k which is slightly yellow and has the most light output. That’s why people get the “blue” lights so it looks like the color projectors give when you’re looking at them.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, meant blue interior lights, exterior showoff lights. I understand bulb tints and temps. And you are correct- the reflector/lens is the most critical part.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
holzl88