LED replacement tail lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flingflanger

Reaction score
I bought a new pair off of eBay and they look great. The only problem is now my turn signals flash like crazy. They even had resistors built into the ballast to prevent that but they still hyper-flash.

Does anyone know if you can buy a thermal flasher relay to fix that? Other than that little issue I love them!

They're a little smokey too, nothing too dark. And they have a red bar instead of a white bar, which i think matches my Tahoe a little better. Also they were completely plug and play. I just took out the bulbs and plugged them into the new ballast. We'll see how they hold up after the rain we're supposed to get over the weekend. I've included a little before and after. Please ignore the Traverse, it sucks and I hate it lol.

Here's what i used. https://www.ebay.com/itm/312494329741?ViewItem=&item=312494329741

20200523_123229.jpg 20200529_123340.jpg

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I’ve been eye ballin those exact same tails but with a red lens instead of clear. They look great, sucks about the hyper flash, it’s 2020 and there’s no reason why these should have issues like that. Hopefully one of the flashers mentioned before work, keep us posted:waytogo:

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how do the reverse lights work? it looks like with the black reflector that they wouldn't work very well. otherwise I kinda like the look of them. keeping my eye open for something for my dark blue burb, as well as the wifes white denali.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
how do the reverse lights work? it looks like with the black reflector that they wouldn't work very well. otherwise I kinda like the look of them. keeping my eye open for something for my dark blue burb, as well as the wifes white denali.
There’s some reflective chrome there, just hard to see in those pics

OP
OP
F

Flingflanger

Reaction score
Its reflective chrome. They are plenty bright.

OP
OP
F

Flingflanger

Reaction score
It looks like in all my excitement i forgot to see if the actual tail light function worked lol. And to my chagrin they don't. I'll be returning this pair. But before i do i want to make sure i've checked that the fuses are good.

I do not see anything labeled rr tail or something and the ones i thought might be the ones are good using my multi-meter. Can someone please verify the correct fuses to check to determine if the tail lights themselves are working. Their paperwork says if you don't go ground to ground with the wires it could blow a fuse and i noticed the drivers side wasn't connected properly. I just want to make sure i'm not overlooking this.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plug your old lights in and see if they work. You didn’t throw them away did you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zachattack_0924