LED replacement tail lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Looks good, where you’re led reverse lights tho?!!!:Whoa:

They U bar or C bar?

OP
OP
F

Flingflanger

Reaction score
Looks good. Where’s your shoes though? :gathering:

Those damn teens!!! /shakesfist
Looks good, where you’re led reverse lights tho?!!!:Whoa:

They U bar or C bar?
Well i suppose you could call them C bar, i can see that. No pun intended :D But when i was doing my searching i was using the term U Bar and that led me to the ones i bought. So with that in mind i'm going with U Bar. But if you want to say C bar i don't mind :) I'll get those reverse leds installed soon!

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Those damn teens!!! /shakesfist

Well i suppose you could call them C bar, i can see that. No pun intended :D But when i was doing my searching i was using the term U Bar and that led me to the ones i bought. So with that in mind i'm going with U Bar. But if you want to say C bar i don't mind :) I'll get those reverse leds installed soon!
Maybe that’s why my search sucked when I typed in C bar led tail lights lol

Javie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here you go, quick video i recorded with my phone. I wanted to show it works with my keyfob both lock and unlock. All the turn signals, just the reverse lights, yadda yadda.
GOOD JOB! Thanks alot they look awesome superbright!

OP
OP
F

Flingflanger

Reaction score
I wanted to update this thread. The lights have held up through several rain showers and high winds. No fogging, no cracks they still look great! The only thing is now, i've lost cruise control. I've heard that adding a resistor to the brake wire should do the trick. I've ordered some resistors and i'll post if it works or not.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wanted to update this thread. The lights have held up through several rain showers and high winds. No fogging, no cracks they still look great! The only thing is now, i've lost cruise control. I've heard that adding a resistor to the brake wire should do the trick. I've ordered some resistors and i'll post if it works or not.
Yessir, add load resistors to the brake lights and your cruise will be back.

OP
OP
F

Flingflanger

Reaction score
Rocket Man,
There were some resistors that were built into the lights. Do you think i should replace them or add my own?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rocket Man,
There were some resistors that were built into the lights. Do you think i should replace them or add my own?
The built in resistors are usually for hyper flash on the turn signals. I don’t know of any that include resistors for the brake lights. If your cruise isn’t working you need to add them to your brake lights.

OP
OP
F

Flingflanger

Reaction score
Ok, gotcha. That makes sense. I was just thinking and picturing things in my head from when they went in. I've got my resistors off Amazon so i'm ready to do it, just need to find a time when it isn't going to rain to crack things open and do the needful.

I'm wanting to install a rear view camera and a steering wheel controls module and i'm thinking maybe it would be good to get all that work done at the same time. But maybe i'll just do the lights/cruise control first since it doesn't seem hard lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts