LED replacement tail lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a new pair off of eBay and they look great. The only problem is now my turn signals flash like crazy. They even had resistors built into the ballast to prevent that but they still hyper-flash.

Does anyone know if you can buy a thermal flasher relay to fix that? Other than that little issue I love them!

They're a little smokey too, nothing too dark. And they have a red bar instead of a white bar, which i think matches my Tahoe a little better. Also they were completely plug and play. I just took out the bulbs and plugged them into the new ballast. We'll see how they hold up after the rain we're supposed to get over the weekend. I've included a little before and after. Please ignore the Traverse, it sucks and I hate it lol.

Here's what i used. https://www.ebay.com/itm/312494329741?ViewItem=&item=312494329741

View attachment 248870 View attachment 248871
you have to get a new flasher module to disable it.. on the 07+ it will have to BCM programmed to "commercial mode"

OP
OP
F

Flingflanger

Reaction score
Download your Owner's Manual here: https://my.chevrolet.com/content/da...evrolet/tahoe/2003_chevrolet_tahoe_owners.pdf and search for the fusebox details.
Thanks for that. I got the same data from a few videos and what not. From what i can tell there are at least 4 different possibilities. So if anyone can confirm which fuses are for the left and right tail lights that'd be great.

I'm thinking its just the RR Park and LR Park? Or could it be teh park lp relay? Or what about any of these?
LT TRLR ST/TRN I Left Turn Signal/Stop Trailer
LT TRN Left Turn Signals and Sidemarkers
VEH STOP Vehicle Stoplamps, Brake Module, Electronic Throttle Control Module
RT TRLR ST/TRN Right Turn SignaVStop
Trailer RT TRN Right Turn Signals and Sidemarkers

To me it seems like the guy who labeled these didn't want to actually say what's what. I'm assuming if it says Turn then its strictly the turn signal so those are working fine. And VEH STOP seems to be brakes, those lights work.

Yesterday when i tested them with just replacing the light and the passenger side worked. At that time i thought they were the same circuit so i didn't test any further assuming both sides were ok. Today i tested the drivers side by using a light and the drivers side didn't work. Again i didn't test the passenger said because failure. Now i'm getting tired of removing the tail lights constantly to check this or that or look at something this way or that way. So if anyone knows which fuses are the correct ones i'd really appreciate the help. It will definitely help with the return. Which is what i'm thinking is going to happen on Monday.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that. I got the same data from a few videos and what not. From what i can tell there are at least 4 different possibilities. So if anyone can confirm which fuses are for the left and right tail lights that'd be great.

I'm thinking its just the RR Park and LR Park? Or could it be teh park lp relay? Or what about any of these?
LT TRLR ST/TRN I Left Turn Signal/Stop Trailer
LT TRN Left Turn Signals and Sidemarkers
VEH STOP Vehicle Stoplamps, Brake Module, Electronic Throttle Control Module
RT TRLR ST/TRN Right Turn SignaVStop
Trailer RT TRN Right Turn Signals and Sidemarkers

To me it seems like the guy who labeled these didn't want to actually say what's what. I'm assuming if it says Turn then its strictly the turn signal so those are working fine. And VEH STOP seems to be brakes, those lights work.

Yesterday when i tested them with just replacing the light and the passenger side worked. At that time i thought they were the same circuit so i didn't test any further assuming both sides were ok. Today i tested the drivers side by using a light and the drivers side didn't work. Again i didn't test the passenger said because failure. Now i'm getting tired of removing the tail lights constantly to check this or that or look at something this way or that way. So if anyone knows which fuses are the correct ones i'd really appreciate the help. It will definitely help with the return. Which is what i'm thinking is going to happen on Monday.
Did you try the simple troubleshooting that I suggested and plug your old lights in to see if there is actually a problem with your vehicle or with the new lights? BTW the harnesses should allow you to plug lights in and set them inside your cargo area for troubleshooting.

OP
OP
F

Flingflanger

Reaction score
Did you try the simple troubleshooting that I suggested and plug your old lights in to see if there is actually a problem with your vehicle or with the new lights? BTW the harnesses should allow you to plug lights in and set them inside your cargo area for troubleshooting.

So first thing's first. I am sofa king stupid lol. After posting this I thought it give it one more go. Just to make sure i'm not being stupid. Well I was being stupid... After a careful and diligent review of the entire set up. It turns someone who I will say isn't me ( but i'd be lying) didn't hook things up correctly. I think it was a roaming band of teens that hookded it up wrong...yea thats it, thats the ticket!

Thanks for all the help, you guys are great!!

Here's what they look like now that i've got done right! Oh and the hyperflashing cleared right up!!

20200531_163805.jpg

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just glad you got it figured out, but just a FYI that roaming band of teens will probably be back so keep an eye out for them.;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts