LED replacement tail lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, gotcha. That makes sense. I was just thinking and picturing things in my head from when they went in. I've got my resistors off Amazon so i'm ready to do it, just need to find a time when it isn't going to rain to crack things open and do the needful.

I'm wanting to install a rear view camera and a steering wheel controls module and i'm thinking maybe it would be good to get all that work done at the same time. But maybe i'll just do the lights/cruise control first since it doesn't seem hard lol.
It’s easy, just connect one end to the brake light + wire and one end to a ground wire or the chassis, and mount them away from the wiring because they get hot. I installed mine in the area behind the tail lights.

OP
OP
F

Flingflanger

Reaction score
I installed mine on the drivers side brake light. It was super easy. I was thinking i was going to need to install a second one for the passengers side but nope. I also got some Sylvania Zevo LED's in for the reverse lights.

All told 10/10 would do again.

20200629_201710.jpg 20200629_201717.jpg

Reaction score
shit I brought some L.E.D tail lamps off ebay for my 01 yukon.. Hope those roaming teens stay away from my yukon, bad enough I got roaming gnomes that always follow me after I do something, their little buggers, they wait and laugh saying, Oh yea he back trying again lol

I got a question, so I dont give my roaming Gnomes nothing to laugh about, mine has a resistor on each one too, I see tape backing, where do I stick them inside the tail lamp?

these are the ones I brought, I hope the roaming teens don't come pay me a visit
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-2006-Chevy-Tahoe-Replacement-LED-Brake-Stop-Tail-Lights-Lamps-Smoke-Red/182956988940?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
shit I brought some L.E.D tail lamps off ebay for my 01 yukon.. Hope those roaming teens stay away from my yukon, bad enough I got roaming gnomes that always follow me after I do something, their little buggers, they wait and laugh saying, Oh yea he back trying again lol

I got a question, so I dont give my roaming Gnomes nothing to laugh about, mine has a resistor on each one too, I see tape backing, where do I stick them inside the tail lamp?

these are the ones I brought, I hope the roaming teens don't come pay me a visit
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-2006-Chevy-Tahoe-Replacement-LED-Brake-Stop-Tail-Lights-Lamps-Smoke-Red/182956988940?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
They don’t go inside the tail lamp. They get hot and need to stay away from the wiring or anything plastic. I mounted mine to the metal area behind the tail light (when you remove the light).

OP
OP
F

Flingflanger

Reaction score

First off nice lights!. As for the resistors just stick them to some clean metal behind the taillights. Otherwise those damn teems will come into play lol! But if those were set up like mine that resistor is only on the turn signal. If you lose CC like i did, you'll need to pop a resistor on the brake light wires :D

Reaction score
First off nice lights!. As for the resistors just stick them to some clean metal behind the taillights. Otherwise those damn teems will come into play lol! But if those were set up like mine that resistor is only on the turn signal. If you lose CC like i did, you'll need to pop a resistor on the brake light wires :D

lol I might be better off with no cc then trying to wire anything into more wires, see that's where my laughing roaming Gnomes come into the picture and add in those roaming teens, i best take what I get and leave it as is . Thanks, ok I was going to stick into the lamp like in the installation video on their ad but I read where one guy wrote them saying, not to do that. I figure Y'all in this forum would set me right

Reaction score
They don’t go inside the tail lamp. They get hot and need to stay away from the wiring or anything plastic. I mounted mine to the metal area behind the tail light (when you remove the light).

lol I would have stuck them in there too, good thing I ask Y'all before hand.

OP
OP
F

Flingflanger

Reaction score
Here's what mine looked like from the factory in the rear. And the little resistor dealy i bought off eBay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal