Kenwood excelon vs pioneer avic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What’s the options for a good “factory look” mounted back up camera ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There’s more options available for how to make a camera look factory on your truck because the factory cameras were integrated into the tailgate above the license plate on the trim. I would shop around on amazon or eBay to see what’s offered for camera setups. I didn’t see anything I liked but that’s because my tailgate is different.

OP
OP
Nap73

Nap73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There’s more options available for how to make a camera look factory on your truck because the factory cameras were integrated into the tailgate above the license plate on the trim. I would shop around on amazon or eBay to see what’s offered for camera setups. I didn’t see anything I liked but that’s because my tailgate is different.
I found this company with some OEM looking options.

https://camera-source.com/tahoe-suburban-yukon-denali-suv-backup-camera-kit.html

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I’m definitely getting the Maestro RR. That’s the one part of the equation that there is no question on. Keeping all the available features while using the new HU is the whole point for Me. I like being able to raise volume / change the song etc from the steering wheel.

One thing I forgot to mention, and this is why I went with Kenwood, is that it has Garmin navigation built in.

I have always used Garmin GPS so I was super happy that it was an option. I absolutely hated the factory Navi.

chaingun427

OBS Mad Scientist
Reaction score
What’s the options for a good “factory look” mounted back up camera ?

I put an aftermarket camera in a factory bezel and plastic welded it in on my '12
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VDCJWVL?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
https://www.ebay.com/itm/283790175534

4bac4fe659f0c4c9b8fcbb7cbcc91892.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

chaingun427

OBS Mad Scientist
Reaction score
That looks really good. Can’t even tell you did anything.You would think that there would be an easier solution.

It was a pain in the ass to get it all wired, pulling that trim is no easy chore either

OP
OP
Nap73

Nap73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was a pain in the ass to get it all wired, pulling that trim is no easy chore either

I’m sure it was Man. That’s what I was thinking.

OP
OP
Nap73

Nap73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing I forgot to mention, and this is why I went with Kenwood, is that it has Garmin navigation built in.

I have always used Garmin GPS so I was super happy that it was an option. I absolutely hated the factory Navi.
The setup I currently have in the 04 has the garnin Navi. It works pretty good. For what it’s worth some of the pioneer units have some Navi as well. It’s just not garmin

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have always been a Kenwood fan but I newer radio (can't remember the model number offhand) for my work car and I am not pleased. The user interface is very generic and the Android Auto always disconnects. I am not sure if the wireless is better, I have only the wired option, but it isn't the Kenwood I remember. I will likely try a different brand in the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019