2008 Yukon SLT Radio Help Needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BPopilek

Reaction score
So, like the title states, I have a 2008 Yukon SLT. This truck has the factory Bose head unit with navigation, XM, backup camera, steering wheel controls, & rear entertainment system. I have also added the iSimple bluetooth handsfree interface for calls and music streaming. However, overall I am not that happy with the iSimple device. It has a few quirks that are irritating, and I am considering replacing the entire radio. Not to mention, my stock HU occasionally acts up and won't power on, or the display gets frozen. The last time I did a radio swap was on my 2005 Aztek about 3 years ago, but it was a stock AM/FM/CD radio without any extras. Needless to say, it was a pretty straight forward install of a complete Kenwood system with Nav & XM.

So here is what I am looking for. I want a full touchscreen radio with XM, nav, & bluetooth calling/audio streaming. I want it to work as close to the stock system as possible. I have heard in the past, with the Bose systems, you had to use a special harness to get it all to work correctly. I know I need an adapter for the steering wheel controls, but is a specialized radio harness adapter needed, or can I do a regular wire harness? What are the pros/cons of either?

I was considering the Pioneer AVH-4100NEX that others on here have used. I know it supports my iPhone for calling and streaming music. Can I also stream Apple or Google Maps to the screen, or should I consider the nav unit add-on instead? Also, if I choose the nav unit, can I use the factory GPS antenna for it? Same with the factory XM antenna for the SiriusXM module. Lastly, are there wires at the stock HU that connect to the backup camera?

Below I have compiled a list of what I believe I need. I'm just looking for some confirmation before I consider ordering everything and start checking price comparisons. I'm open to any suggestions. Thanks!

Pioneer AVH-4100NEX Head Unit
SiriusXM SXV300v1 Connect Vehicle Tuner Kit
Pioneer AVIC-U260 Add-on Navigation Unit
Metra Axxess ASWC-1 Universal Steering Wheel Control Interface
MicroBypass Parking Brake Switch Fully Automatic Video in Motion Interface
Axxess GMOS-LAN-02 GM/LAN Amplified Integrated Harness for 2006-Up

Trooper_Ed

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks right to me! May need the Double DIN install kit? Crutchfield is my goto place for all the install stuff, but amazon can be cheaper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019