Kbuskill's 2008 Burb LTZ "MOD" Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I agree. At least the Acme’s seem to come back off. I mean, even if the nuts lock on like with the Morimoto’s if they aren’t tight enough you can still grab the projector and twist it so what’s the point. Other than they don’t want you to be able to reuse either the projectors or the headlights or both.
Yea I feel like they kinda make you buy a new projector if it’s shaft threaded . I was able to keep my 7.0s since I used Cb&d brackets.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Yea I buy all my stuff from lightwerkz now too. I think the 5500 was a perfect color, but if there’s no option 6000k would look better than 5000k. And I’ve never heard the term of bulbs being “burnt” in

I was just reading about HIDs and some people were saying how the color will change slightly as they get used or "burnt in", I don't know maybe it is BS.

I know from past experience that when I have had HID bulbs go out in the past they would sometimes not fail completely but would get a darker hue amd become dim.

I think I will probably order a set of the 6K bulbs and try them out.

I have looked around and I don't see any Morimoto 5500k bulbs available.

Lightwerkz does sell a 5500k bulb in a different brand that I am not familiar with but I assume they are decent if Lightwerkz is selling them...

https://lightwerkz.net/products/h1-heartray-hid?variant=33945745260684

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea I feel like they kinda make you buy a new projector if it’s shaft threaded . I was able to keep my 7.0s since I used Cb&d brackets.
You can buy the new reflector part with a new nut for about $15 but they don’t advertise the part on any website that I’ve ever seen. I only found out because I asked TRS. It’s way cheaper than scrapping the entire projector especially if you’ve paid to have the lenses etched like I had which adds another $60 onto the total cost. The ACME projectors I’m putting in have the same exact markings on those parts which leads me to believe that the reflectors are the same between the 2 brands and the difference is the lenses and shutters.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I was just reading about HIDs and some people were saying how the color will change slightly as they get used or "burnt in", I don't know maybe it is BS.

I know from past experience that when I have had HID bulbs go out in the past they would sometimes not fail completely but would get a darker hue amd become dim.

I think I will probably order a set of the 6K bulbs and try them out.

I have looked around and I don't see any Morimoto 5500k bulbs available.

Lightwerkz does sell a 5500k bulb in a different brand that I am not familiar with but I assume they are decent if Lightwerkz is selling them...

https://lightwerkz.net/products/h1-heartray-hid?variant=33945745260684
Nhk is a good brand. I was looking at xenon depot xtr bulbs. Watched a video on a bulb line up and they had the most lumens.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
You can buy the new reflector part with a new nut for about $15 but they don’t advertise the part on any website that I’ve ever seen. I only found out because I asked TRS. It’s way cheaper than scrapping the entire projector especially if you’ve paid to have the lenses etched like I had which adds another $60 onto the total cost. The ACME projectors I’m putting in have the same exact markings on those parts which leads me to believe that the reflectors are the same between the 2 brands and the difference is the lenses and shutters.
Well that makes things easier lol . Good to know

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well that makes things easier lol . Good to know
Yeah you just have to use a dremel with a cutoff wheel to remove the old nut. At least that’s what I did with the second one. The first one I cut around the projector and destroyed the headlight since I was going with new ones anyway but that’s messier. I was thinking I could get the nut off that way but nope. If you cut the nut in 2 places it falls off and then all you destroy is the reflector and nut.

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also remember that all HID bulbs will burn in when new and they will shift color a bit as they get used. They will get more on color as they age, then when they start the reach end of life, they will start to shift color again.

I think the Xenon Depot standard bulbs are what I will run next. Im not ready to drop the 200 bucks for the Philips capsules yet even though they will be super damn bright.

Retro does look good. Passenger side gives me grief too.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
Also remember that all HID bulbs will burn in when new and they will shift color a bit as they get used. They will get more on color as they age, then when they start the reach end of life, they will start to shift color again.

I think the Xenon Depot standard bulbs are what I will run next. Im not ready to drop the 200 bucks for the Philips capsules yet even though they will be super damn bright.

Retro does look good. Passenger side gives me grief too.

Thanks.

I asked Ceasar from Lightwerkz about the bulbs they offer. Here is my email...

Hey Ceasar,

I was thinking about getting a different color temperature bulb as these 5000k bulbs are a little more yellow (halogen color) than I was used too.

I am debating between the 6000k Morimoto or the 5500k Heartray bulbs.

Of the two of them which do you think performs better? I am not familiar with the Heartray brand so I wasn't sure about how they stacked up to the Morimoto bulbs.

I assumed that if you are selling them then they must be pretty good.

Thanks, Ken

And this was his response...

HeartRay is fine to use. Honestly just as good. I would go with 6K bulbs regardless. They redesigned the morimoto bulbs and the 5K is very neutral now. 6K is more modern color more like LED.

So I ended up ordering the 6k Morimotos because the Heartray is only available in 5500k OR 6500k.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
Got the UOA report back from Blackstone today.

This is the first report with the new Delvac Extreme 15w40 oil.

20210618_235300.jpg

I think the lead is finally starting to get washed out of the aftermarket oil cooler because the engine is as quite as a church mouse.

The TBN (additives package) is a strong 3.7 which is higher than even the Mobil 1 Extended Performance oil I was using before. I am not surprised since this is a full synthetic diesel oil designed for extended drain intervals in tractor-trailers.

I will definitely extend out the OCI next go around and see how it does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645