Kbuskill's 2008 Burb LTZ "MOD" Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
uDi6mkxfLRx5TWRzWfbrKsRfgElfBlHRGJZ-eJLnbkxMsZJOjc0dEQw2P1ZBQdpYluWQj2cLa8PB7r9H25rnbnnwoSDfjktkvQnw1BK4BaNnWnvKxmyQ9p2MdUL_osfLPgedcB7ALt_YwLlaVETiTjsfYdhUmQGAiaI
I definitely have to remember this.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Before...

View attachment 269393

After...

View attachment 269394

Just for the record, the TBSS bags/air springs work perfectly fine on the our trucks auto leveling compressor, in case any one was wondering.
That’s awesome! Does it take awhile to air up the first time? I would think after that it would only be a matter of small adjustments so it would be fairly quick.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
That’s awesome! Does it take awhile to air up the first time? I would think after that it would only be a matter of small adjustments so it would be fairly quick.

Takes about a minute and a half first time.

Right now I actually have a slow air leak that causes the rear to drop when parked. It takes about an hour or more to drop down.

I wasn't happy with the fittings I got locally to convert from the 5/32" line to the 1/8" line on the compressor.

I ordered new fittings and they will be here in about a week. Hopefully that will eliminate the slow leak, if not I will have to break out the spray bottle and some soapy water.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Takes about a minute and a half first time.

Right now I actually have a slow air leak that causes the rear to drop when parked. It takes about an hour or more to drop down.

I wasn't happy with the fittings I got locally to convert from the 5/32" line to the 1/8" line on the compressor.

I ordered new fittings and they will be here in about a week. Hopefully that will eliminate the slow leak, if not I will have to break out the spray bottle and some soapy water.
I was thinking since those run that small of air lines, you might not get too much transfer from one bag to the other on corners, at least it shouldn’t happen too fast. So maybe the lean won’t be too bad unless it’s a long corner. Have you done much cornering/ testing yet? For comparison, my Silverado has 3/8” lines and it happened pretty much immediately.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I was thinking since those run that small of air lines, you might not get too much transfer from one bag to the other on corners, at least it shouldn’t happen too fast. So maybe the lean won’t be too bad unless it’s a long corner. Have you done much cornering/ testing yet? For comparison, my Silverado has 3/8” lines and it happened pretty much immediately.

I haven't done a ton of cornering with it as of yet other than the normal around town and a couple long sweeping curves for on/off ramps for the interstate.

So far I can't notice anything out of the ordinary. I'm not sure how much the Ranchos help with this but I have them set to 9, which is the firmest setting.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Before...

View attachment 269393

After...

View attachment 269394

Just for the record, the TBSS bags/air springs work perfectly fine on the our trucks auto leveling compressor, in case any one was wondering.
Nice! I musta missed it. What made you decide to install the bags? Looks like she's sitting about an inch higher than before. She looks good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan