Just to show girls can do it too....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Thanks guys!!! Been detailing cars since my early 20's - over 30 years now - just got some new toys (why'd I wait so long!) and some new product to try!

Been the way of Zaino and Klasse and many others and decided to try Griot's - happy with my choice!

Dad is an ex-mechanic, who then handled a fleet of vehicles for a large US corporation. For 'fun' he restores cars, rebuilds planes although age is slowing him down now.

So question - can I polish my wheels with anything to protect them? In the NorthEast and we use this horrid stuff on our roads. What, if anything, can I treat the wheel wells with - they are lined with something fabric-y. And finally, does anyone use anything like Aquapel on their windshields and is it worth it? I used McKees Krystal Vision which McKee's must have bought out since I purchased my last load of stuff because it's the same product and name of something I have in stock in my basement supplies. Just wondering if any of the window treatments out there work well.

Can't wait to play with hubby's car next!

For windows I like to take a water bottle with a few drops of klasse aio, shake it up, spray them down and buff them out with a microfiber. Keeps them clean for a long time!

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had a porter cable I've been using since college (06). But when I bought my first esky, it was cheaper for me to pay a friend 150 bucks once a year to do paint correction etc, now his prices have gone way up and would cost me over 1k to get my new esky done, I decided to do it myself again. Still using the same old stuff (meguair's 105 and 205 topped off with some Jetseal from Chemical guys) b/c it worked then and I trust it to work still today.

DVB6JLf.jpg
here it is after the first stage of cutting.

Looks good!!

Curious...what speed do you run the PC when applying the 105 given it's such a new truck? I'm surprised you started with the 105 on a newer esky...was it really that bad? I'm planning to do my vehicles but thought I'd start with 205, Jetseal, then CG ButterWax or NXT2.0.

noob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good!!

Curious...what speed do you run the PC when applying the 105 given it's such a new truck? I'm surprised you started with the 105 on a newer esky...was it really that bad? I'm planning to do my vehicles but thought I'd start with 205, Jetseal, then CG ButterWax or NXT2.0.

I bought it used, and it's obviously been through an automatic car wash before. So I went with 105 on setting 5. Even with that I couldn't get 100% of the swirls on the hatch and rear quarter panel out. But it looks a lot better. I need to re-do it soon as I took two road trips this month, and used an auto car wash when I reached my destinations due to bugs on the front bumper.

Reaction score
I bought it used, and it's obviously been through an automatic car wash before. So I went with 105 on setting 5. Even with that I couldn't get 100% of the swirls on the hatch and rear quarter panel out. But it looks a lot better. I need to re-do it soon as I took two road trips this month, and used an auto car wash when I reached my destinations due to bugs on the front bumper.

Sounds like you'll need something stronger than a PC to get them all out, or just a ton more slow passes with a more aggressive pad. On the pc either clean the pad after each pass or have several on hand so that you're using clean pads. The dual action won't cut very well on a dirty pad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts