Just put the '96 Burb back on the road for the winter and...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can even order parts from Lowes and Home Depot!

Currently discontinued... But..

OP
OP
Hoesgottaeat2

Hoesgottaeat2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember seeing/hearing of Walmart for the 1st time back in the late 80's when this movie came out. Then they came to town as a retailer. Then grocery & retailer?
Never did I see myself ordering parts that I'd otherwise have to go to a local auto parts store for. How did we get here LOL?

1702482457782.png

1702482479002.png

1702482494171.png

OP
OP
Hoesgottaeat2

Hoesgottaeat2

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still blows my mind to think we can order auto parts from of all places...Walmart? I'm still almost embarrassed at times to admit it. Anybody with me on that?
a lot of retailers missed the "online merchandise bus" that's why amazon is/was so successful
Sears caught on fairly quickly but the user interface is trash by comparison and walmarts isn't much better
and most online retailers do not create there own product line like Amazon does, Target and Walmart have there own in house brands but not for everything
then you have other international markets like alibaba which is huge and seemingly has really good prices on all kinds of things but everything about alibaba looks sketchy to me and so many knock-offs lol it's laughable
for instance if you look up a samsung s23 128gb on alibaba which I just bought a refurb one for the wife for $620 off of amazon, it shows it is $69 on alibaba
no freaking way that is a real samsung
s23.JPG

OP
OP
Hoesgottaeat2

Hoesgottaeat2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a lot of retailers missed the "online merchandise bus" that's why amazon is/was so successful
Sears caught on fairly quickly but the user interface is trash by comparison and walmarts isn't much better
and most online retailers do not create there own product line like Amazon does, Target and Walmart have there own in house brands but not for everything
then you have other international markets like alibaba which is huge and seemingly has really good prices on all kinds of things but everything about alibaba looks sketchy to me and so many knock-offs lol it's laughable
for instance if you look up a samsung s23 128gb on alibaba which I just bought a refurb one for the wife for $620 off of amazon, it shows it is $69 on alibaba
View attachment 416434
you mean kind of like this one?

1702500089622.png

ZKWBQD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Discovered I had a fuel leak upon the first fill-up. The same dreaded leak I had on a '98 Burb we had years ago. Right at the seam.
So I went shopping on the inner webs.

Yay, I found a new 42-gallon tank on RockAuto for $109!
But, they wanted $143 to ship it to me!

So I started my typical search for the best price.
Autozone - around $240, local pickup.
Advanced Auto - I couldn't seem to find one on their site.
Amazon - around $250(ish), free shipping.
Summit and CI were doing me no favors in price or shipping either, I felt.

AND THEN, OF ALL PLACES...
I found one on Walmart's site - $159, plus free shipping.
So I pulled the trigger.

I then proceeded to buy the pump lock ring, O-ring, tank straps, strap bolts on RockAuto.
I even broke down and bought the fuel line removal tool. No more using a small screwdriver the hard way LOL!
What is a "Burb"?

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 416434
Good luck ordering anything off of Alibaba. At least they usually send you something even if it’s not the product as described lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hoesgottaeat2

Hoesgottaeat2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I did get around to replacing the gas tank just before Christmas. I’ll post progress pics here soon. With all of the rust and rot, you should be amused or amazed at the very least…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia