Joining the club: 2011 'burb LTZ, some questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sneasle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I've been lurking for a while as we slowly hunt for the 'right' vehicle for us. Finally found one that week, went and picked it up today. It's a high-miles 2011 in White Diamond w/Cashmere interior, but the price was right and this is only a weekend/toyhauler/take the pups up to the woods vehicle for us. The wife and I are keeping our sedans for dailys, so I'm not worried if the 'burb needs some work. Father in law (an actual mechanic) came along, gave it a looking over, and gave us a thumbs up, so for now I'm happy :)

A few things I'd like to ask the group:
-I'd like to pick up a cargo area shade, but I'm a bit confused as to which version I need. I have a power gate with a cashmere interior, so I think that means I need 15213369, right?
https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/index.php?p=catalog&mode=****&scatgrp=interior&scatsubgrp=security

-Anyone have any fit experiences (pros or cons) with the Weathertech floor mat products?

-The 'burb only had one key and remote, so I need to pick up another. Does anyone have any idea how badly a dealer is going to rip me for a set, or should I buy a set off amazon and try and find someone with a scanner to program the remote? I think I can do the key if I've had it cut, but I'm not sure if the remote can be done with anything except a tech2 scanner.

-I'm considering a BB tune. They will be in ATL in the near future, so not that bad of a drive for me. Is the onsite worth the extra hassle vs the ship-it-to-me tune? How much time would I need to block off for the on-site?

I'm sure I'll have more questions as I get to know her... I'll try and get some pictures up once the weather clears and the sun comes out.

Daddio

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I can comment on Weathertech mats.
I poked around online and kept coming up with a couple different part numbers, so I called WT directly and got their recommendation.
I ordered a front set from Amazon because they ship free and I'm cheap. With kids, you'll probably want front and rear and cargo area.
They seemed a little flimsy when I got them, but fit very well. I'll see how well they keep the snow/salt/wet off my carpets this winter.

OP
OP
sneasle

sneasle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can comment on Weathertech mats.
I poked around online and kept coming up with a couple different part numbers, so I called WT directly and got their recommendation.
I ordered a front set from Amazon because they ship free and I'm cheap. With kids, you'll probably want front and rear and cargo area.
They seemed a little flimsy when I got them, but fit very well. I'll see how well they keep the snow/salt/wet off my carpets this winter.

Cool, thanks. The Westhertech website looks to be doing a good job of recommending the right part numbers. I saw some amazon reviews that weren’t thrilled with the fit though, so I figured I’d ask.

Reaction score
Husky Weatherbeater floor liners.

Currently having a 10% off Fall sale

https://www.huskyliners.com/Weather.../suburban-1500/2nd-row-buckets/2nd-row-bucket

As far as remotes, I think my 2011 had the "relearn remote" option in the DIC, so you maight be able to buy one off ebay or amazon and do it yourself. I think that setting in the DIC went away in either 2011 or 2012

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon XL Denali
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
sneasle

sneasle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Husky Weatherbeater floor liners.

Currently having a 10% off Fall sale

https://www.huskyliners.com/Weather.../suburban-1500/2nd-row-buckets/2nd-row-bucket

As far as remotes, I think my 2011 had the "relearn remote" option in the DIC, so you maight be able to buy one off ebay or amazon and do it yourself. I think that setting in the DIC went away in either 2011 or 2012

Cool, thanks. I like their cargo cover better than the weathertech option. Nice that I can get the bigger cover and still keep my 3rd row installed. If the weathertech offers that, it's not mentioned on their site.

Looks like Husky's win for me.

I can order two more keys/fobs for $25, so it's worth a shot.

Reaction score
Before ordering the fobs, scroll through the DIC settings and see if the "relearn remote key" option is there. Use the button on the dash with the "i" on it.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon XL Denali
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mtc1328

Reaction score
-The 'burb only had one key and remote, so I need to pick up another. Does anyone have any idea how badly a dealer is going to rip me for a set, or should I buy a set off amazon and try and find someone with a scanner to program the remote? I think I can do the key if I've had it cut, but I'm not sure if the remote can be done with anything except a tech2 scanner.

I got two new keys (make sure the keys have a + on them) and two key fobs from ebay for my 2011 Tahoe LTZ. I had to have them programmed at the dealer since my DIC did not have the relearn feature. They charged me $55.00 for the key cutting and programming. They tried to charge me $55 per key and fob, but ended up only charged for one.

davidzog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My son put the Husky Weatherbeaters in his new Ram, and I like them so well that I put them in my Escalade...I think they are great fitting and do the job they are supposed to. I have had Weathertech stuff before and was not nearly as happy as I am with the Husky set.

I bought a fob and key off of ebay for my 2007 escalade...easy to program....my understanding is that anything after 2009 has to go to the dealer for programming.

OP
OP
sneasle

sneasle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a set of keys and fob off amazon, hopefully they work.

I also ordered an obd2 module that supposedly will act as a tech2 tool, that should let me program these at home I hope.

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I order a set of keys and fob off amazon, hopefully they work.

I also ordered an obd2 module that supposedly will act as a tech2 tool, that should let me program these at home I hope.
Do you have a link to that module?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645