Just had my third row stolen in dallas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Suburban came with the 2-person Escalade third row seat. The payload sticker says 6 passengers. I bought a 3-person third row off eBay. It was quite a while ago, but I think I paid $600 or $700.

Still have the two-person seats. Anybody want them? Black leather.

MkXzKgw.jpg

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your stock alarm also won't go off when your truck gets jacked up and wheels get removed without your knowledge or request.
That was a fun lesson to learn. /s
Sorry about the headache and total waste of time.
That is why i bought a Hybrid No one wants to touch the hybrid
The parts are worthless

the 6.0L LFA engine worthless..

the transmission worthless..

electronic are VIN locked worthless

radio worthless etc..

none of the parts work on the reg Tahoe

Last edited:

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Suburban came with the 2-person Escalade third row seat. The payload sticker says 6 passengers. I bought a 3-person third row off eBay. It was quite a while ago, but I think I paid $600 or $700.

Still have the two-person seats. Anybody want them? Black leather.

MkXzKgw.jpg

I wanted the 2 person 3rd row seats. I like the cup holders/arm rest.

Where are you located?

WTSHARK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
even as such i'm considering going out and marking the bottoms of my 3rd row seats with my name (out of sight) but easy to identify if needed.
That's a great idea, consider adding the last 4 digits of your SSN, or some combination of your, your kids/spouse, parent's b-day. A specific number, you could prove is yours. A name is obvious proof, but if it's found (granted, some crooks are so stupid they'd never look under a seat), but to make it so they may not recognize it's significance, believing it to be a factory marking or something along those lines, and make a note of it in your title paperwork, or insurance policy. Toyota starting putting those tamper proof stickers on their cars, tagging the VIN to every majoy component of a vehicle. The market for stolen Toyota parts was so big here in Los Angeles, and the world apparently, they began sticking these little stickers, which if removed left "tamper" evidence. Acid etching and such on windows and other items helps too. When you watch a "pro" car thief scrub a vin off a car and then re-stamp it with a bogus vin, it just shows that it really doesn't matter what precautions we take, if someone wants it bad enough, they'll get it. Once again returning to my previous post of "Us vs. Them". Getting satisfaction in some of these cases is a lost cause, vigilance, pro-active marking your gear, parking in well-lit areas, having alarms, cameras, etc.. are all good deterrents. Remember the goal is to get "them" to move on to another car.. which sounds ******, but if all of the cars in a neighborhood are well protected and marked, the odds of catching the A-holes breaking into them and stealing stuff improve. Having nosy neighbors is a pain in the butt, but that's the kind of folks who see who did something, provided they care enough to come forward and say, "Oh, I saw a strange car parked in the driveway and thought it was odd, so I called the police" and boom.... burglars in custody. It does happen occasionally... at least it used to. Best of luck, try to keep it in perspective, it is just stuff. Stuff is replaceable, it's inconvenient and a hassle and expensive...etc, but ultimately it's just stuff. Take a deep breath, and (as ridiculous as it may sound, it'll help your stress levels) try to laugh it off. I've gotten to point in my life where I try to laugh most stuff off... it doesn't always work, (or is appropriate, trust me on this one) but it does get us through the day, my wife's not thrilled about it until I explain to her how awful it "could" have been... Karma's a bi%*%, and it IS relentless.

WTSHARK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If possible engrave your VIN, along with a personal number or word (only that would have meaning to you) on the metal frame on the bottom of the seat. Nice neat and clean out of the way. Also record it with a picture in your phone for future reference. There's no thief in their right mind that can claim a personal code/word or your vehicle VIN. It will make it easy for prosecution and recovery. I'm always searching for engravings like this on parts that I purchase off CL and if I think the seller is being dishonest, I won't buy. I will also turn over the information to the local PD as a possible theft, along with a screen shot of the ad, cellphone number of the seller, vehicle ID and any identifying information. I love a deal but I won't get one off the back of someone else who's been robbed, burglarized, etc.

I recently had my enclosed trailer stolen after loading it to the brim with new parts, electronics, and a few overflow items from our garage. The only downside is that I had no idea the trailer would be stolen before I had the chance to unload it, therefore I did not do an inventory of "everything going in". I lost my butt on that, not to include receiving back a totaled trailer, $300 tow bill (insurance reimbursed), paid deductible for the total loss...and of course a rise in premium on my new trailer. The impact of a theft not only hits one policy but it hits all the policies in that local area of the "high thefts". IT SUCKS!!

My neighbor, who is also one of my church members, asked me if I was serious about shooting someone who burglarized my home or our vehicles??? I was like "I hope they believe in God as much as I do because if they come through that door without being a resident, I'll help them relocate to a better resting place!". Trust me, I value life but I won't place anyone else's life over my familys' life or mine. It's funny because our pastor stood in the pulpit and stated that if someone did a home invasion on his home he'd shoot them and go to God for forgiveness later LOL People need to learn to respect other people's property. Mind you, that same neighbor now owns two firearms LOL Go figure.

Great advice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n