2013 Escalade to 2013 CTS V steering wheel swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPS0284

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive been working on modding a 2013 CTS V steering wheel to work with a 2013 Escalade and ran into some mechanical bumps with shaft and connector sizes, but hit what might be the ultimate dead end. After extensively digging through control schmatics I found that each button on the wheel produces a specific resistance value which is then read by the BCM to carry out that function. Attached are schemtatics from both steering wheels with each resistor labeled with their respective values in series between each button. So if my theorys true even if you managed to swap the connectors and wires in the correct order the buttons wont function as they should until that resistance is met...Chime in if you think otherwise, but I think this ones a bust unless your willing to do some extensive work to meet each unique resistance value. This also appears to be true for the manual shift buttons on the gear selector.... so much for having paddle shifters on the Escalade :sad72:..

Although there still might be some hope for steering wheel shift controls using 25901034 off the 2009 H2 Hummer. At 35$ I’m willing to take the gamble to give it a try, it might be plug and play…to be continued…

*Update* I just swapped the right side steering wheel controls to the 25901034 and the shift buttons aren’t working, which I had a feeling they wouldn’t since It was just a direct swap. I’ll look over the shit button schematics tonight to determine if they could be rerouted into the steering wheel and plugged into the left side wheel controls. Also the back lightings green instead of white which is a little disappointing. I do think this approach is doable for shifting controls but I don’t know if anything could be done about the button backlighting…

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-26 151823.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-26 151823.png
    177.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot 2023-10-26 152354.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-26 152354.png
    206 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0004.jpeg
    IMG_0004.jpeg
    169.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Evil laugh :devilfinger:

Can’t wait til you get this figured out. I use the manual shift about 2x a month to jockey for a lane into a freeway on-ramp from a standing start. Most vehicles guard the lane.

By going from forced 2nd up to third, the 6.2L is loud enough to let traffic know something’s there and letting off the pedal is a safer deceleration than stepping in the brake if the next light cycles to red. If it stays green onto the highway, it’s a simple shift into 3rd and then back to full auto without touching the brakes.

OP
OP
J

JPS0284

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Evil laugh :devilfinger:

Can’t wait til you get this figured out. I use the manual shift about 2x a month to jockey for a lane into a freeway on-ramp from a standing start. Most vehicles guard the lane.

By going from forced 2nd up to third, the 6.2L is loud enough to let traffic know something’s there and letting off the pedal is a safer deceleration than stepping in the brake if the next light cycles to red. If it stays green onto the highway, it’s a simple shift into 3rd and then back to full auto without touching the brakes.
That’s so true! Tho buttons on the column just feel awkward, just need to figure out how to either hack the BCM or hack the switches and change the resistors…

OP
OP
J

JPS0284

Full Access Member
Reaction score
*Update* Inside the Escalade left side wheel controls, changing resistors looks like a bust. After swapping to the 25901034 controller the plug matches up, the cruise control button lights up but doesn’t seem to recognize when attempting to set a desired speed. I’m beginning to think the 25901034 controller uses different resistance values. My next move is to swap the Escalades circuit boards into the 25901034 and try to reroute the gear selector shift buttons to the up/down shift buttons on the 25901034. This would be so much easier to accomplish editing the BCM coding…

Attachments

• IMG_0014.jpeg
    IMG_0014.jpeg
    241.8 KB · Views: 9

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
*Update* Inside the Escalade left side wheel controls, changing resistors looks like a bust. After swapping to the 25901034 controller the plug matches up, the cruise control button lights up but doesn’t seem to recognize when attempting to set a desired speed. I’m beginning to think the 25901034 controller uses different resistance values. My next move is to swap the Escalades circuit boards into the 25901034 and try to reroute the gear selector shift buttons to the up/down shift buttons on the 25901034. This would be so much easier to accomplish editing the BCM coding…

C5Wj.gif

OP
OP
J

JPS0284

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just found this fairly priced compromise to the CTS V wheel. Most used V wheels are priced around 2/3’s of the cost of the new wheel and would require a donor 2007-2014 truck wheel. The frame needs to be modified to make a spline reducer in order to mount the CTS V wheel and still have the problem of getting the wheel controls working. After reaching out to a few different companies who modify BCMs it doesn’t seem like there is any interest in exploring the possibility of changing the values needed in order to get the buttons functioning properly. Gathering all these parts and factoring in time need to modify things to get the proper fit and finish and possibly paying to get a custom coded BCM is looking like a bust. I feel like in my case most cost effective solution would be to go with the carbon fiber wheel and work on getting the shift buttons working on the 25901034 or add some aftermarket molmentary switches on the back side of the truck wheel which would probably be easier and cheaper…

Attachments

• IMG_0015.jpeg
    IMG_0015.jpeg
    580.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
On a VW I have I was able to swap 1/2 the steering column to get the spline issue resolved.

Reach out to White Automotive who does all the custom work for Gen 4 BCM and software Mods.

Use the chat button that pops up on the screen. It refers you to BT Dieselworks site but White is the one who does the custom work for CTS-V & NNBS trucks.

OP
OP
J

JPS0284

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a VW I have I was able to swap 1/2 the steering column to get the spline issue resolved.

Reach out to White Automotive who does all the custom work for Gen 4 BCM and software Mods.

Use the chat button that pops up on the screen. It refers you to BT Dieselworks site but White is the one who does the custom work for CTS-V & NNBS trucks.
I talked to them and they said “we’ve never mapped that out before “ and didn’t express any interest in taking on the project. Geo had the best idea with coding an ardunio board to do the resistance conversions.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Could you pull any of the switch packs or modules apart or swap the guts of other components?

OP
OP
J

JPS0284

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could you pull any of the switch packs or modules apart or swap the guts of other components?
No the buttons are integrated into a circuit board along with their respective resistors. From all the research I’ve done its plausible but would require a tremendous amount of effort to pull off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar