Just had my third row stolen in dallas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shunto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that’s ridiculous. I can understand making it against the law so if the police choose to they can write you a ticket so at least you have a choice if you want to take a chance on a ticket as opposed to letting thieves see into your vehicle but to not pass inspection? Inspections are supposed to be safety related I thought. Sure glad we don’t have inspections here, just emissions testing and I believe that’s going away since the new cars don’t require it.

I'm not against Auto inspections. I believe it's needed, I've seen some pretty awful Autos around spewing all colored smoke and just the other day i saw a car that was in proper need of a set of shocks-no way that was safe. The very same day i saw a car that it look like the body was canted on a slant but the wheels were tracking straight.. had to think on that one.. but yea.. Tints- no pass inspection- unless"you know a guy"

I believe that making it more difficult for the bad guys to see in can only help you keep your contents safe.. Police can't be everywhere..

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Down here, when the governor had a "D" after his name we had auto inspections. When a governor with an "R" took office, the inspections were shuttered until the next guy with a "D" took office and they opened the same places up again. Thankfully, they got rid of those properties as Florida hasn't had a governor with a "D" after his name in over twenty years. That streak was almost broken last election!

Interesting how the thieves created a market where none was before, stealing lots of seats so folks across town by the stolen property of other folks; crazy world.
Not so sure it’s that simple but oh well. We’ve had D’s and R’s for governors here and never any inspections....hmmmm. Maybe it’s not political after all. We certainly don’t need to get in any political discussions in a car forum though do we?

Last edited:
Reaction score
In my state it depends on the county you live. Some require inspections and some don't. I think it's a rural or population thing.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

B2sdad

Reaction score
Why do people even still steal this shit when they cant get full price? Now my glass wont close. They came in through the glass and my alarm didnt go off. How can i protect against this?

Sorry that happened to you brother, that’s pretty much in my backyard. Mesquite Texas is the next town over from me. Not going to beat a dead horse here, there are several good suggestions on upgrades to your security system and 3rd row locks to consider. I’ve been through this before, it makes me furious!

OP
OP
W

Warriorpluto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry that happened to you brother, that’s pretty much in my backyard. Mesquite Texas is the next town over from me. Not going to beat a dead horse here, there are several good suggestions on upgrades to your security system and 3rd row locks to consider. I’ve been through this before, it makes me furious!
Yes i put two locks on them now. They won't be going anywhere. Now I'm waiting on my shock and motion sensor to come in to finish with my security upgrades. Atleast now I'll be alerted when the glass is opened.

mtc1328

Reaction score
Your stock alarm also won't go off when your truck gets jacked up and wheels get removed without your knowledge or request.
That was a fun lesson to learn. /s
Sorry about the headache and total waste of time.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Our local dealer had a crew hit every truck, eight, and get the back seats & 20’s from every new NBS Esky & GMC that just arrived. This was 06 but it is shameful GM never addressed the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu