Isn't the Goodyear tire the best option for a PPV?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jatPPV2012

Reaction score
My PPV came with the RSAs when I bought at the auction and they were terrible. Had so much vibration at highway speeds so I took it to my local Discount Tire and had them balanced, but that didn't really help. The vibration was still there. The tires looked like they still had a lot tread life left, but I don't know if it was because it was sitting at the auction lot for about month. So anyway, I took it back to my local Discount Tire and was going to get the Kumho Crugen HP71s, but the tire shop said they no longer stocked them because they were discontinued so I replaced them with the BF Goodrich Advantage T/A Sport high performance tires and boy what a difference. The vibration is gone and the ride and a lot smoother cruising on the highway. Can't be happier with these tires.
Cost of each tire was $179, but well worth it.

Did a quick post on it on my thread not too long ago. Have to scroll down to post #57 in that thread page.

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/2012-tahoe-ppv-new-owner-here.117090/page-6

Last edited:

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My experience was the opposite, the Firehawk tires on both of mine were horrible. They had lots of depth, but were cupped badly. I put RSAs on the old hoe, and have had 20,000 trouble free miles. I’ve got KO2s on the old hoe now, so the RSAs are now on the new hoe.

jatPPV2012

Reaction score
Curious about the kumho's as well. 2 of the tires on mine are decent but 2 are shot. 139 each i may buy a pair
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...6VR7HP71&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

I have the Kumho Crugen HP71 installed on the spare rim of my PPV. Used it when I had a flat and it handled and rode just fine. My PPV had RSAs when I bought it and I was going to replace them with the Kumho, but the tire shop discontinued selling them so I went with the BF Goodrich Advantage T/A Sport tires. They've been a great set so far.

ChrisSRT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So how do you tell if it's a "V" rated speed tire ?
It looks like all of them have a V after the number but those snow tires can't be high speed rated, no speed ratings in the specs either.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?width=265/&ratio=60&diameter=17&rearWidth=255/&rearRatio=40&rearDiameter=17
put your curser over the ? after service description and it will tell your the load data and speed rating. The BFG tire is available in H and V, so pay attention if you order them. I have been running the Hankooks for about 2 years and they have been holding up well in all weather so far.

Peacock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
put your curser over the ? after service description and it will tell your the load data and speed rating. The BFG tire is available in H and V, so pay attention if you order them. I have been running the Hankooks for about 2 years and they have been holding up well in all weather so far.

That feature must not be available on my phone, it gives just about every other thing you'd want to know other than the speed rating. One would think it would be under the specs category but nope.Screenshot_20210404-193435_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20210404-193453_Chrome.jpg

jatPPV2012

Reaction score
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick