2011 SSV, Anyone use the QV9 PPV wheels? Also seat position sensor question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The bolt and spacer length is also pretty critical, otherwise the bolts go through the rim and press on the wheel hub. I think the factory length is 20mm. The part number I was given was 11515756. Not sure why the tire shop had issues, since all of the bolts looked flush with the back of the rims when I got them.
I think they're not used to that kinda of spacer, and lose track of them during balancing.

OP
OP
M

Maxxarcade

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Odd spacers aside, I love having the metal bolt-on center caps vs. the plastic ones with the fake lugnuts. They tended to come loose and rattle, and just weren't as durable overall. I'm tempted to get a spare wheel or two before they get even harder to find.

On a side note, do the 2015+ wheels fit the 07-14 trucks too? I almost like the triangle-hole style wheels more than the oval ones. Already got this set though LOL.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Odd spacers aside, I love having the metal bolt-on center caps vs. the plastic ones with the fake lugnuts. They tended to come loose and rattle, and just weren't as durable overall. I'm tempted to get a spare wheel or two before they get even harder to find.

On a side note, do the 2015+ wheels fit the 07-14 trucks too? I almost like the triangle-hole style wheels more than the oval ones. Already got this set though LOL.
Good to know, yep I bought some chrome van plastic caps with the fake lugs, don't feel like using them..

2015+ should all fit I believe. My wheels are from a 2021? sierra.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score

They’re the same size wheel, just different style in the hub opening. They interchange either way.

this is one of my PPV wheels on my 2015.

35C40901-0339-4C89-8A53-6139A462A523.jpeg

OP
OP
M

Maxxarcade

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I figured they were probably the same size, just wasn't sure about the offset or bolt pattern.

BTW those BFG KO2's look crazy compared to my Goodyear Wranglers. Once these are done, I'll probably spring for Michelin LTX. I had those on my previous truck (93 C1500) and never got stuck again. Though I often wonder which will last longer, the tires or the rest of the truck.

Also looking at your hour readings, I think mine must have been reset at some point. Last I knew it was 3k something, and my oil pressure has been low since I got it 4 years ago. You have 9691 hours on your '11? It must have been well maintained. I already have a new oil pump, pickup o-ring, bypass valve and other seals, and probably the 3rd or 4th sending unit. The only time I even see 40psi is when I'm pulling out of my driveway in the morning. After a 20 minute drive, it's less than 10psi at idle, and maybe around 20psi at 55mph. It never reaches 40 psi when fully up to temp.

PBR Street Gang

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The wheel swap was a success. Still need to clean and wax the truck, but it looks a lot better than the rusty silver wheels. These came from LKQ Online, from 2 different PPV's.

The tire shop nearly tossed out 3 of the original hub spacers because they were loose. Luckily I asked about them and was able to get them back. They appear to just be missing the o-rings. I might also replace the mounting bolts with stainless ones later on.

Also got an alignment and new Monroe shocks and struts installed while I was there for the wheel swap. Kinda pricey, but it's nice to have that off the to-do list.

View attachment 397032
I just got my 2010 SSV a few days ago - it has the same ride height in the rear as yours. I like the "slammed" PPV look but we have hurricanes here, so higher is better. Nice truck - these look cool in black.

OP
OP
M

Maxxarcade

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ya, I like the lower height of the PPV's too. But we often get lots of snow during Winter, so the 4WD of an SSV really comes in handy. I suppose the SSV is a good compromise between a PPV and a consumer package. I like having the more basic setup with fewer electronics, more room in the back, and no carpet to get dirty.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I figured they were probably the same size, just wasn't sure about the offset or bolt pattern.

BTW those BFG KO2's look crazy compared to my Goodyear Wranglers. Once these are done, I'll probably spring for Michelin LTX. I had those on my previous truck (93 C1500) and never got stuck again. Though I often wonder which will last longer, the tires or the rest of the truck.

Also looking at your hour readings, I think mine must have been reset at some point. Last I knew it was 3k something, and my oil pressure has been low since I got it 4 years ago. You have 9691 hours on your '11? It must have been well maintained. I already have a new oil pump, pickup o-ring, bypass valve and other seals, and probably the 3rd or 4th sending unit. The only time I even see 40psi is when I'm pulling out of my driveway in the morning. After a 20 minute drive, it's less than 10psi at idle, and maybe around 20psi at 55mph. It never reaches 40 psi when fully up to temp.
I bought it with 170k on the clock. The only real maintenance items I’ve done is shocks, front hubs, spark plugs and sway bar links. I did have the radiator burst in the middle of nowhere at Big Bend. I patched it enough to drive home with some JB Weld. It has a cold case aluminum radiator now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE