2011 SSV, Anyone use the QV9 PPV wheels? Also seat position sensor question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maxxarcade

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2011 SSV came with the silver NX7 option wheels and plastic hub caps. Since they are in rough shape, I'm thinking about picking up some of the black QV9 wheels that were used on the PPV. I assume the specs are all the same and it would be a direct swap using my exisitng tires? For a while I was considering aftermarket wheels, but I can get used PPV originals for less, and I like the look. My Tahoe is all black, and I figured it woulld look cool with the black PPV wheels and chrome center caps.

Also, my airbag light started coming on recently. I found that if I'm sitting in the truck with the key off, and I reach down between the driver's seat and center console and mess with the wire a bit, the gauges on the dash will move slightly. Then when I start it up, the airbag light is off. I'm assuming it's the connector on the seat position sensor. How hard is it to access, and does anyone know the part number for replacement connector pins if I need to crimp on new ones?

I just reached the 4 year mark since I got this truck, and now have 201k miles so far. It's been trouble free aside from minor stuff like that, but the lovely Michigan salt is already eating at the fenders and rockers pretty bad. I'm hoping to get a few more good years out of it, and will definitely look for another one when it comes time to replace it. I like the basic police package with less electronics, no 3rd row seat and a rubber floor mat vs. a consumer Tahoe. All my prior vehicles were mid 80's and early 90's chevy pickup trucks, so I prefer the more minimal stuff.

OP
OP
M

Maxxarcade

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Both look pretty good actually. I kinda like the chrome caps when everything else is blacked out. Either way it looks better than my rusty silver painted wheels with the consumer grade plastic hubcaps that rattle. I'd just paint them, but the beads are pitted too, and a couple of them have slow leaks.

I keep forgetting that the PPV's were 2WD while my SSV is 4WD. Will the chrome PPV caps fit the front hubs on a 4WD? Or am I thinking of the older trucks with the big front hubs?

Another thing I was thinking about was trying a bronze wheel, such as one of these:
or

Either of these aftermarket wheels is 8.5 inch wide, and probably a different offset as well. I figured it might be better to stay with the stock steel QV9's.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both look pretty good actually. I kinda like the chrome caps when everything else is blacked out. Either way it looks better than my rusty silver painted wheels with the consumer grade plastic hubcaps that rattle. I'd just paint them, but the beads are pitted too, and a couple of them have slow leaks.

I keep forgetting that the PPV's were 2WD while my SSV is 4WD. Will the chrome PPV caps fit the front hubs on a 4WD? Or am I thinking of the older trucks with the big front hubs?

Another thing I was thinking about was trying a bronze wheel, such as one of these:
or

Either of these aftermarket wheels is 8.5 inch wide, and probably a different offset as well. I figured it might be better to stay with the stock steel QV9's.
4wd makes no difference. they’ll fit fine.

the first two are thecopcar. The last is thethirdtwin, which is a 4wd K2. I was doing a fit experiment.

60413B8B-3CD5-4AF5-9B6F-E73A4AFC9C6F.jpeg8F10B2B6-7651-4C4B-A4E8-1059946A38CA.jpeg8608761D-C048-49EF-948A-B0DC6AD89FB7.jpeg

OP
OP
M

Maxxarcade

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ordered 4 PPV wheels from LKQ. 1 pair each from 2 different trucks. Here's hoping the center caps will be included.

I'm assuming I'll need new lug nuts unless LKQ includes them. Are the 09596070 the correct ones for a 2011? Any recommendations on which ones are good quality if I can't find an affordable set of OEM?

Also, what is the proper size bolt for holding the center cap to the wheel? I want to find some stainless ones if the originals are bad or missing.

Last edited:

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ordered 4 PPV wheels from LKQ. 1 pair each from 2 different trucks. Here's hoping the center caps will be included.

I'm assuming I'll need new lug nuts unless LKQ includes them. Are the 09596070 the correct ones for a 2011? Any recommendations on which ones are good quality if I can't find an affordable set of OEM?

Also, what is the proper size bolt for holding the center cap to the wheel? I want to find some stainless ones if the originals are bad or missing.
Here you go.

8F2AFB87-93BA-4682-A30C-2B0BE5CB02B1.jpeg

OP
OP
M

Maxxarcade

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks! I also found some OEM takeoffs for the lugnuts, so I should have everything I need now.

OP
OP
M

Maxxarcade

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The wheel swap was a success. Still need to clean and wax the truck, but it looks a lot better than the rusty silver wheels. These came from LKQ Online, from 2 different PPV's.

The tire shop nearly tossed out 3 of the original hub spacers because they were loose. Luckily I asked about them and was able to get them back. They appear to just be missing the o-rings. I might also replace the mounting bolts with stainless ones later on.

Also got an alignment and new Monroe shocks and struts installed while I was there for the wheel swap. Kinda pricey, but it's nice to have that off the to-do list.

PXL_20230415_205657437.jpg

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The wheel swap was a success. Still need to clean and wax the truck, but it looks a lot better than the rusty silver wheels. These came from LKQ Online, from 2 different PPV's.

The tire shop nearly tossed out 3 of the original hub spacers because they were loose. Luckily I asked about them and was able to get them back. They appear to just be missing the o-rings. I might also replace the mounting bolts with stainless ones later on.

Also got an alignment and new Monroe shocks and struts installed while I was there for the wheel swap. Kinda pricey, but it's nice to have that off the to-do list.

View attachment 397032
Lucky. I didn't realize they're missing after a rebalance a while back. I was able to find a similar size nylon piece to replace them.

OP
OP
M

Maxxarcade

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Lucky. I didn't realize they're missing after a rebalance a while back. I was able to find a similar size nylon piece to replace them.
The bolt and spacer length is also pretty critical, otherwise the bolts go through the rim and press on the wheel hub. I think the factory length is 20mm. The part number I was given was 11515756. Not sure why the tire shop had issues, since all of the bolts looked flush with the back of the rims when I got them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts