Is this something or is this nothing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello! :)

I'm trying to figure out if I saw something or if it was one of my many unsettling Tahoe related dreams manifesting in disturbingly increasing regularity since joining this forum.

I think I saw an Esky, probably the Platinum version, with chrome trim on the roof. Not the roof rack or the cross rails, but chrome strips running along the ridges of the roof back to front.

Has anyone seen such a thing?

The reason I ask is because I have decided not to install the esky rack, not only because of what would be involved in doing so, but because I am really liking the clean roof line for the moment. However the reason I wanted to do the racks in the first place was to give the chrome side elements of the truck balance from top to bottom. So the idea was to have the chrome running boards, chrome handles, and the roof rack. Now that the rack is out, if such a thing as I described above exists, it might give me the chrome element at the top to balance out the truck without spoiling the clean roof line.

I suppose I could always buy chrome trim and stick it there, but if there's an oem version of such trim I'd prefer to use that.

Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? :)

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:sleepy10:

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see a lot of Esky Platinums around town and every time I stare it down... never have I seen this chrome trim you are talking about... you sure your not dreaming? Currently hunting on google for pics of said chrome trim on roof...

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
was there naked chicks hanging out of this escalade? If so... dream.

B.G.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello! :)

I'm trying to figure out if I saw something or if it was one of my many unsettling Tahoe related dreams manifesting in disturbingly increasing regularity since joining this forum.

I think I saw an Esky, probably the Platinum version, with chrome trim on the roof. Not the roof rack or the cross rails, but chrome strips running along the ridges of the roof back to front.

Has anyone seen such a thing?

The reason I ask is because I have decided not to install the esky rack, not only because of what would be involved in doing so, but because I am really liking the clean roof line for the moment. However the reason I wanted to do the racks in the first place was to give the chrome side elements of the truck balance from top to bottom. So the idea was to have the chrome running boards, chrome handles, and the roof rack. Now that the rack is out, if such a thing as I described above exists, it might give me the chrome element at the top to balance out the truck without spoiling the clean roof line.

I suppose I could always buy chrome trim and stick it there, but if there's an oem version of such trim I'd prefer to use that.

Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? :)

With the way your going with this chrome thing Serge, you may as well hang some of the dangley chrome balls from your trailer hitch:shocked:

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see a lot of Esky Platinums around town and every time I stare it down... never have I seen this chrome trim you are talking about... you sure your not dreaming? Currently hunting on google for pics of said chrome trim on roof...

Yeah, I looked also and found nada ... is there a google dream app? :)

was there naked chicks hanging out of this escalade? If so... dream.

Megan Fox was there ... probably not good, not good at all. :(

With the way your going with this chrome thing Serge, you may as well hang some of the dangley chrome balls from your trailer hitch:shocked:

ooo0, the Fleetwood Mac mod ... I like!

Actually my truck has few chrome elements, less than an ltz for example which has the mirror caps and the side door moldings ... just looking for something to hide her bald spot at the top ... a chrome combover if you will ... a chromeover.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mazer16