Is there a thread with dealers charging msrp vs a market adj?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EGTroup

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you want a black/black Yukon Denali without many other options and a gas V8 you can find them at MSRP. But if you want a 3.0 liter Duramax Denali 4x4 with Premium Reserve package and options etc they are very hard to find and still come at a premium price.

Roadglide16

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a new Escalade, even though I don't need one right now. Spoke with a dealer about one they had in stock. Salesman told me about a $5,000 market adjustment. I promptly told him I was going to play that game, and go pound sand.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost every dealer will charge MSRP for a customer ordered vehicle. Some will add this BS surcharge that they call a "Market Adjustment". No way in HELL would I ever pay any sort of Market Adjustment. Not 5 bucks, 500, and damn sure not 5,000 bucks. I'd travel 1,000 miles away to a different dealership before I pay any Market Adjustment crap.

EducatorDan

Reaction score
I was able to order at MSRP from Rico GMC/Buick in Gallup, NM.

Last I checked almost everything on the new side of the lot was at MSRP and/or MSRP minus any GM incentives. (There's some incentives on the 2.7 turbo Sierras as an example.)

RVAHokie

Reaction score
I ordered MRSP from Colonial Auto Center in Central, Virginia. I used supplier pricing and the pricing increased twice when from order to delivery and they honored the pricing from the original supplier quote. I used outside financing and no warranty purchase. Not sure how much they made off me but they were professional throughout the whole process.

Wwes

Reaction score
We stopped at a Chevy dealership the other night. They did have a Tahoe and Burb on the lot; I was looking at the 1500 trucks. All trucks had $2995 over sticker tags. Told the young guy who came out to greet us I wasn't paying anything near sticker, as a matter of fact I was paying supplier or less or I'd go somewhere that would do it, even if it's out of state. He asked if I was trading (No).

He went inside and the manager came out, told me "You want supplier, sure, pick the one you want and we'll do it; you'll even get the rebates below it".

The market is totally different than this time last year.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We stopped at a Chevy dealership the other night. They did have a Tahoe and Burb on the lot; I was looking at the 1500 trucks. All trucks had $2995 over sticker tags. Told the young guy who came out to greet us I wasn't paying anything near sticker, as a matter of fact I was paying supplier or less or I'd go somewhere that would do it, even if it's out of state. He asked if I was trading (No).

He went inside and the manager came out, told me "You want supplier, sure, pick the one you want and we'll do it; you'll even get the rebates below it".

The market is totally different than this time last year.
Most dealers in the PAC-NW are at $5K off the 1500’s, which is a better deal than Supplier Pricing.

Your dealer is probably keeping the markup for now because there will always be people that don’t bother to ask about a lower price, it’s pure profit for them.

Different ballgame on the SUVs.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Most dealers in the PAC-NW are at $5K off the 1500’s, which is a better deal than Supplier Pricing.

Your dealer is probably keeping the markup for now because there will always be people that don’t bother to ask about a lower price, it’s pure profit for them.

Different ballgame on the SUVs.
Yeo, here in Eugene and the surrounding areas, I see lots of full lots of new and used vehicles.