2022 HighCountry finally arrived..there is hope!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wwes

Reaction score
Nice looking rig.
I'm seriously thinking of going the Wrangler route to hold me over for another year. Was interesting to read your comments. I just don't find them to be any kind of road trip vehicle but I've always wanted one.

OP
OP
NathanSMSU

NathanSMSU

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Congrats! How long did it take from the date it was delivered to rail shuttle to arrive to the dealer? I have one with a 1/12 date. Thanks
I live in Arkansas so it was put on a truck and drove straight here. It took 2 days after it left the Naval Base. They had 1 other dealership to stop at, then delivered it to the one I made the purchase from.

OP
OP
NathanSMSU

NathanSMSU

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice looking rig.
I'm seriously thinking of going the Wrangler route to hold me over for another year. Was interesting to read your comments. I just don't find them to be any kind of road trip vehicle but I've always wanted one.
Yea...for sure not a road trip vehicle....especially if you have a family! The steering was absolutely crazy. I felt like I was zig zagging all the way down the road...especially speeds above 60mph. I didn't expect it to be whisper quite, but with that Sky 1-touch retractable top and the knobby tires there was always a fairly steady noise in the cabin. Their windshields (being more flat/less slopped) are notorious for getting chipped/cracked. I had never needed to replace a windshield in my life and within 1 month I had a crack all the way across it lol. Now not saying I'll never buy another, because it was fun to just take down a gravel road into a field without worry, but it will be 15-20 years when my kiddos are on their way before I consider it!

Jhersh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We ordered a Suburban Premier premium/ duramax/ satin steel metallic. We were estimated 6-10 months on build time but seems to me looking on here that most of you all are not seeing anything near that long. Can I ask how long from placing the order to receiving your vehicle you all waited. Bonus points for a similar build as ours.

OP
OP
NathanSMSU

NathanSMSU

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We ordered a Suburban Premier premium/ duramax/ satin steel metallic. We were estimated 6-10 months on build time but seems to me looking on here that most of you all are not seeing anything near that long. Can I ask how long from placing the order to receiving your vehicle you all waited. Bonus points for a similar build as ours.
I won't be of much help as we found this one "in transit", but it still took a month for it to get here...

stevedonato

Reaction score
Quick sudo introduction/back story. We had originally owned a 2015ltz and sold it back in October (2021) to buy what my wife considered (at the time lol) her favorite vehicle a 2021 Jeep Rubicon. Well....after having it for a few months we quickly figured it out it's not the best family vehicle. We have two toddlers in the house and they were literally on top of each others laps. That combined with the reduced cargo space didn't make it family friendly. The safety features are also very subpar. Now...we knew it wasn't going to be Tahoe spacious, but thought we would adjust..wrong. We were lucky to sell it after putting 2k miles and only lost $100 lol. We just considered it a very cheap rental for a few months!

The search was on to find another Tahoe (which has now secured the place as her favorite vehicle again lol). Like many of you have found out most of the "in transits" where spoken for and we couldn't really special order because time wasn't really on our side. There were a few Z71s on the lots, but they were 5k-10k over MSRP. I already own a 2019 Trail Boss so there wasn't really a need to have another vehicle equipped as a Z71. The truck will do all of the towing/any off road adventures. After calling around for hours we finally found a dealer about 2 hours away that had this HighCountry that wasn't secured and was being sold at MSRP. We dropped a deposit (which they didn't even run on the CC btw) and then the wait was on. Because of the forums I learned of the JCT Pals Portal and started monitoring for change of status. It was held up at the Naval base of which is set for 2-3 weeks. On a side note if you have an Android phone, and a have a little "geek" in you. You can download an app call "Web Alert" and setup monitoring on your phone to watch for their search window to change. As an example I had it watching the "pending" word to change every 30 mins. I actually found out before the dealer when it left the lot lol. It was almost a month between the time we put down the deposit and it arrived at the dealer. I'm sure the holidays contributed to this....I jokingly asked the dealer if they would throw in all weather matts because of the how long it was taking and they did!

Recap:
-Tahoe is the ultimate family vehicle (sure you already know that haha)
-If you were like me refreshing that Pals side multiple times a day....just automate that!
-Don't be afraid to ask the dealer to throw in extras for free!

What's next:
-In our 2015ltz I had a 12' Memphis sub in a ported box...I want to add a sub back to this. I don't see many folks that have done this yet.....
-We are getting the front side windows tinted this week to match the back half

Here are a few pics to the ride

Wife had to put together a collage lol.
View attachment 360950

Garage shot lol

View attachment 360949

View attachment 360952
What was the MSRP?

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We had the pearl white on our 2015ltz...only down fall is we needed to replace the front right fender after the wife got in a fight with an ATM pole..in her defense they were doing construction at the bank and had temporarily moved the ATM....anyways matching that pearl was impossible and we ended up having to paint every panel around it. A trained eye could still see the difference if you looked down the side of it.

Maybe try a new body shop. Definitely not impossible.

My ex’s last denali was white frost tricoat…had $15k worth of bodywork done with two separate deer strikes. Paint work turned out a perfect match. She now has a ‘22 high country in iridescent pearl tricoat, which has had deer strike body work done already as well. Used the same body shop, with same outcome. Perfect match. And i am picky as hell. Notice ANY imperfection.

NICE RIG!

Looks a lot like my ex’s, except its tinted, leveled and has 305/45/22’s on it.

8A1B6695-58E6-48C8-85B8-B351443803F4.jpeg

6A1FC502-0774-4A63-B4DA-FF3AF5E9DF53.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Georgia 4Low

Latest posts