'21 Yukon XL owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First post here, just checking in. My wife and I bought a brand new yukon at the end of summer and so far it's been a great ride. We initially wanted a z71 suburban (replacing our '11 z71 sub that we loved) but there were absolutely none around at the time to be had. Anything close by that was listed for sale was gone by the time I could contact a dealer. Ended up I couldn't really find any trim level of suburban anywhere close to us so started looking at other options. Found a yukon at4 100 miles away so called on it and it was gone. The sales guy then told me about one they had on the way, was in transport as we were speaking...

Yukon XL - must have for us, shorter version not of any interest to us
satin steel metallic paint - only color we were interested in
jet black interior - must have for me, wife open to other colors
slt luxury/premium package - sure, sounds fancy
rear entertainment - did not want that but that's what it had
panoramic moonroof - yep sounds good
no max trailering package or trailer brake control - damnit man I tow all the time
no auto stop/start feature - thank you lord
5.3L engine - tried and true powerplant

Sounded great so we agreed on a price (not the full $10k over msrp they wanted but fairly close) and said we would take it sight unseen. Never even stood next to one of these new ones before, let alone touched one or drove one. But we didn't want to order one and wait for it or let this one slip away seeing as how they were seemingly impossible to find so jumped on it. It arrived on the lot about a week later and the first time I saw this beast I was impressed.

The GMC version is much better looking than the chevy we thought we wanted. Front end on this thing is incredible. Interior is beautiful, fit and finish of everything is great and man the ride is smooth (this has the basic suspension, no fancy air or magneride to fail on us down the road). But most impressive of all is how quiet the cabin is. Road noise almost non-existent. Granted we are coming from a ten year old suburban with off road tires, loud flowmaster exhaust and nearly 200k on it but come on, this new gm is crazy quiet inside.

Overall its been pretty great other than a couple things. Had it almost 3 months and got just over 5k miles on her. We've found that the stock tires are garbage, downright scary to drive this vehicle in any substantial amount of rain. It tows pretty good even without the trailer package or trailer brakes but I'm no noob to towing so it's all good. It did however develop a water leak I discovered after it started raining around here. Totally soaked the driver side floorboard and already in for a warranty repair. The local chevy dealer tells me it was "missing" part of the sunroof drain tube. They fixed it, pulled the carpet and pad and shampooed and dried them but still crappy for a brand new car. Hasn't rained since we got it back and I have very low confidence in this chevy service department so we shall see. I had it de-badged and ceramic coated then got the front windows tinted after getting it back home. Also gave me an excuse to get one of those foam cannons I've been wanting for a while.

Don't have a ton of pics but here's a few...

IMG_3209.jpgIMG_3215.jpgIMG_3218.jpgIMG_3469.jpg

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from NYC&Miami!

Sorry to hear about your issues. Hopefully are okay from here on in.

OP
OP
R32driver

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks sharp. I don't see many of that color in my area.
Thanks, we absolutely love the color and had to have it. Looks gray in darker light but looks sparkly light blue most of the time. I see very few new yukons in any color running around but I've only seen one other that was this color.
Welcome from NYC&Miami!

Sorry to hear about your issues. Hopefully are okay from here on in.
I am hoping so as well. Hasn't really been out in the rain since I got it back last week. Another bummer is the service department dropped their water testing equipment on the driver fender and scratched it. Very minor but they fessed up and are going to give us a credit for the repair amount ($730 quote from bodyshop) that I will put towards different tires. I never would have noticed it if they hadn't said something.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice looking rig. I love using a foam cannon as a professional detailer. Lol. I like the wheels as we. I scored a set of those as take offs in may. Rolling on them on my 2006 Denali. Lol.

aboss3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That's a nice looking truck. Congratulations! This was my favorite color I was after. But all were sold out (or wanted $10k over MSRP), so I went for the black denali. Love the gray though everytime I see one.

Les T

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hope you are still enjoying your AT4. Looking for an opinion. Picked up a new 2022 AT4 before Christmas, originally wanted a Yukon Denali Ultimate but they are still scarce. This one had lots of features but I didn't notice it was without trailer package, same as this tread. I have an open car hauler and plan to haul a 1973 Corvette or a 1965 IH gasser when it done. Thoughts on the AT4 reliability pulling the trailer if i dont have the trailer package? I do have the trailer gain package ready to be installed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne