Is there a thread with dealers charging msrp vs a market adj?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phatjoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm based in the Austin TX area and I'm new to the forum. I'm looking to purchase a new Denali Ultimate or an Escalade Premium Luxury or Sport).

I've seen other forums, which listed dealers charging only msrp and others with a market adjustment. Is there a thread here with this information?

I went to one gmc dealer here in Austin that was charging a $25k market adjustment. :oops: I know it's the norm now, but $25k seems like a lot

Thx

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm based in the Austin TX area and I'm new to the forum. I'm looking to purchase a new Denali Ultimate or an Escalade Premium Luxury or Sport).

I've seen other forums, which listed dealers charging only msrp and others with a market adjustment. Is there a thread here with this information?

I went to one gmc dealer here in Austin that was charging a $25k market adjustment. :oops: I know it's the norm now, but $25k seems like a lot

Thx

I've seen https://www.robideaux.com/ mentioned a lot for $300 over invoice. I'm not sure what the wait list looks like these days.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and days are soon coming where it will be the norm for just MSRP and then soon after, if people just stand their ground, the incentives will be back. That is as long as the nations in charge help out.

slupie

Reaction score
Car prices are starting to come down due to increase in inventory and high interest rates (inflation and recession). If the dealer has market adjustment still on the sticker then go to another one. It's worth it to watch this video
and use their car search engine. If the youtube link is removed the video is done by Your Advocate Alliance and the video title is The Car Price BUBBLE Is BURSTING. Good luck on your search

OP
OP
P

Phatjoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No joke...since the end of Nov. 2022, I still can't find a new Denali Ultimate or Escalade Sport. :confused:

Last week I got close with a dealer selling a white ultimate at msrp...unfortunately the one color I can't do. It sold within 36 hours.

I did find a dealer charging msrp, if I order one. I'm still hoping someone will not take delivery...maybe with today's economy, more likely to happen.

greg_tahoe84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s ridiculously variable. Now dealers are selling at or slightly below msrp but adding dealer installed packages like tinting, wheel locks and paint protection.

There was one dealer that had the gall to ask for 10k market adjustment.

I would rather do the former. At least I get something tangible for my money, rather than giving a 10-15k donation to the dealer for nothing.

Miami market is even worse. One dealer, Brickell Buick gmc charged 15k above msrp. Avoid like the plague. There’s a sucker born every day.

I’m looking at a Yukon Denali that price is ~1000 below msrp but with 2-3k dealer installed package, so net 1-2k. It has the exact options and colors I want without having to wait 4 months and put more miles and time on my rapidly Depreciating trade in (BMW x7).

Last edited:

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heck our local KIA dealer in swfl has a mandatory 15k markup on all Tellurides... and still sells them!.... on a 48K vehicle! I personally would search wide and take a trip out of state. There are certainly more logical dealers out there. Hard part is finding something you will actually want to buy...

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe the recession is hitting faster in michigan, majority of dealers here sell with GMS employee discount if you qualify and I have a gmc/Cadillac dealer that will sell eskys at gms but they have a $1800 add on to all eskys and denalis for a paint protection plan...

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
No matter the manufacturer, I would get real pissed if a dealer tried this $5k to $20k markup crap. Especially in this economy filled with inflation. I have been searching for a 2000-2006 3/4 ton Suburban and have found a few but the owner just wants way too much for them, but I have also seen where the prices are starting to drop on the used vehicle market. I don't HAVE to buy one and I can wait.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17