Is it possible to modify a BCM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to modify values in the BCM? I really want to retro fit a 2013 CTS V steering wheel onto my 2013 Escalade. The only problem is each wheel’s controls have unique resistance values that when pressed communicate with the BCM to carry out the desired function. I have the resistance values for the CTS V wheel controls, if it’s possible to input those values into the Escalades BCM then volla in theory it should work!

Ever messed with Raspberry Pi or Arduino stuff? A buddy swapped a 6L80 into his '07 NNBS Silverado and used a RPi module to accomplish some of the interfacing. I don't remember the details, but I believe it was to alter the values between the trans and BCM.

Last edited:

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ever messed with Raspberry Pi or Arduino stuff? A buddy swapped a 6L80 into his '07 NNBS Silverado and used a RPi module to do accomplish some of the interfacing. I don't remember the details, but I believe it was to alter the values between the trans and BCM.
Very cool platform, that. A clever person with a knack for writing C++ code could create a whole new ECM or any other module for these trucks. I suspect that’s what will happen once all of the junkyard stock of modules for these things dry up. I used to love writing software but as soon as I started to do it for a living the joy faded.

OP
OP
J

JPS0284

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ever messed with Raspberry Pi or Arduino stuff? A buddy swapped a 6L80 into his '07 NNBS Silverado and used a RPi module to accomplish some of the interfacing. I don't remember the details, but I believe it was to alter the values between the trans and BCM.
That’s a really good idea! For coding I know enough to be dangerous lol. Just super basic hobbyist level coding skills. I can understand it more than knowing how to write if that makes sense. What I need is a hamster who knows how to work a decade box :laughing1:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019